University Information Green Pages Student Handbook
University Mission, Values and Vision
The Mission and Vision of Jacksonville University, a private, independent institution offering undergraduate, masters, doctorate, and professional certification programs, are articulated in the following statements approved by the Board of Trustees.
Jacksonville University empowers students for life-long growth as global citizens through a transformative, innovative educational experience, built on excellence in community-centered service.
The Jacksonville University learning and living community values:
Affirming the importance of scholarship, leadership, creativity, and service, Jacksonville University prepares students to build better communities and make meaningful contributions to an increasingly connected society. As a community, we aspire to:
- provide a distinctive campus experience for students, faculty, staff and visitors
- deliver undergraduate and graduate programs that are nationally recognized for quality and innovation
- be a center for intellectual and creative excellence and respectful discourse
- produce high quality research through undergraduate and graduate programs
- serve as an engine to economic vitality in northeast Florida
"On the banks of the wide St. Johns
Stands our Alma Mater dear,
Where by striving and through our friendships,
We find a pathway clear.
It’s the place where our thoughts return
As through this busy world we roam.
For our memories will always lead us
Back to our college home."
Official Colors & Mascot
The University colors are forest green and white. The symbol is the oak tree. The mascot is the dolphin.