JU Engineering is pleased to announce the Math, Engineering, and Physics (MEP)-Scholar Program. If interested, please see announcement below for more information and the application for students.
Do you like mathematics, computer science or physics? Would you like to take advantage of the individual attention of a small liberal arts university and obtain a degree in one of these areas or engineering? If your answer to either question is yes, then Jacksonville University’s (JU’s) MEP-Scholar Program may be for you. As a MEP-Scholar you will be able to choose a four-year degree program in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Computing Science, Mathematics or Physics.
Besides offering you the advantages of a small university for your critical initial years of study, the program features various other support structures and assistance:
- Up to a $10,000 per year scholarship to JU for selected applicants.
- A MEP-Scholars wing of a residence hall that features a peer study area.
- An academic learning community in which you can…
- Work with a faculty mentor in your discipline.
- Take common courses (including calculus, physics and engineering courses) with fellow MEP-Scholars.
- Train and compete in an international mathematical modeling contest.
- Participate in summer research opportunities.
- Career development services including…
- Opportunities for internships, job shadowing and industry visits.
- Employment and graduate school application assistance.
- Practice interviews.
The minimum requirements to be a MEP-Scholar include an SAT of 1000 (550 in mathematics), a 3.00 High School GPA, and being prepared to take Calculus I (or higher). Please fill out the application electronically. Applications from minorities and women are especially encouraged. For more information contact one of the following: