Sharing The Investment In Future Growth Wednesday, April 3, 2019, at 2:49 p.m.
To our Jacksonville University community:
It is an exciting time to be part of the Jacksonville University family. Our students are excelling, our programs are well aligned with the future business environment, and our facilities are incorporating the latest technologies. The enthusiasm on our campus is encouraging.
As we transform every facet of our University via an additional $70 million in growth investments over the next several years, we are also updating our offerings to better anticipate and address the needs of our students.
Jacksonville University is investing significantly in the areas of academic instruction and campus life that benefit our students most, including:
- New and improved offerings in cutting-edge fields that make our students immediately employable, including robotics, engineering, cybersecurity, data analytics, healthcare sciences, nursing, artificial intelligence, aviation and business;
- Integrating with industry leaders, such as international oceanic research nonprofit OCEARCH and more than 400 partners in the healthcare sciences, to better prepare our students for the demands of the 21st-century economy;
- Hosting world-renowned speakers and events that expand our students’ worldviews and further connect them to global market trends; and
- Renovating residence halls and building innovative study spaces with the latest technology and comforts to make students safer, happier and more productive.
In support of our momentum and to help maximize these opportunities, Jacksonville University is increasing full-time tuition by 4 percent for the 2019-2020 academic year. You will see this increase reflected in your regularly-scheduled notices beginning in April.
You will also see a new line item, a $16-per-credit-hour student support fee dedicated to services and experiences that help ensure your student’s success as they enter the job market. For a typical full-time student, the 2019-2020 fee equates to $240 for the semester. This is a shared investment in sustainable enhancements to the student experience at Jacksonville University. Together, in the coming year we will:
- Upgrade academic technology to help our faculty be more effective and help our students be more productive;
- Enhance the Career Resource Center environment and facilities to continue supporting students’ plans post-graduation; and
- Boost information technology infrastructure as we continue to better connect our campus to the world.
Thank you for your continued partnership in providing our students with the best possible opportunities at Jacksonville University and positioning them to ascend to their tremendous potential once they graduate.
Class of 1981