Post-Baccalaureate CertificateNursing Informatics
Why Choose Our Program?
The Nursing Informatics (NI) Post-Baccalaureate Certificate (PBC) allows you to take your nursing education to the next level. Students completing this four-course specialization and capstone will experience a focused curriculum and practicum aligned with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Informatics Certification, taught by licensed, practicing nurses with experience in clinical and administrative settings. Graduates will leave this program with an understanding of the dynamic relationship between people, information technology, healthcare services, and the healthcare system, and skills necessary to leverage information technology to improve healthcare delivery and outcomes.
If you would like to study Nursing Informatics in greater depth, you may be interested in the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Nursing Informatics degree program.
start your application
About Our Program
The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Nursing Informatics program is offered in both ground-based and online formats, with opportunities for experiential learning. Students may be able to perform clinical hours in their workplace. Courses are offered during Summer I, Summer II, Fall I, and Fall II terms.
All students are required to complete the following coursework:
- NUR 584 - Foundations of Nursing Informatics
- NUR 585 - Advanced Nursing Informatics I
- NUR 586 - Advanced Nursing Informatics II
- NUR 587 - Population Health Informatics, Epidemiology, and Evidenced Based Nursing Informatics in a Global Society
How to Apply
- Completed JU Application
- Unofficial transcripts from Colleges & Universities with All Nursing Coursework &
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Active U.S. Nursing License
- A background check will be required for students participating in clinical practice
- The following may be requested of students with a GPA of 3.0 or lower
- GRE/GMAT scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Intent