Scholarships & Grants
In addition to your VA education benefits, you may be eligible for additional financial assistance. The Office of Financial Aid is dedicated to helping you finance your future. College is one of the best investments that you'll make in your lifetime, and we want Jacksonville University to be the key to your future success. Any student who applies for admission to Jacksonville University may request financial assistance, although all new students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be accepted for admission to JU before financial aid awards will be confirmed.
Jacksonville University will develop a financial aid package tailored to your individual needs. We will mail you an award letter that lists types and amounts of aid by semester and in total. You may decline any portion of the financial aid package by contacting your Financial Aid Counselor. The list below provides a selected overview of other financial aid; however, you should contact Student Financial Services for a full evaluation of your eligibility.
The Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation
JU was the first university in the nation to offer scholarships through the Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation to the surviving children of our brave veterans. We offer 40% scholarships that will complement the 60% assistance given by the Fallen Patriots Foundation to provide full tuition coverage for qualified applicants.
The Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (Fry Scholarship)
The Fry Scholarship is for the spouses and children of service members who died in the line of duty after September 10, 2001. It's meant to help those who aren't eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- Tuition paid to school – Up to $23,671.94 per academic year at JU.
- Book stipend paid to student – Up to $1,000 each academic year for books
- Housing allowance paid to student – Up to $1,544 per month per term, more than ½ time
All applicants, including veterans and their dependents, are automatically screened for an academic scholarship or grant ranging in value from $1,000 to $18,000 per year based on academic merit.
Other Military Scholarships
- Military Spouse and Family Educational Assistance Programs: Learn more about the education benefits the DoD, Dept. of VA, and each of the services have to offer. Many spouses now qualify for GI Bill® transferability also.
- State of Florida Scholarships for Children and Spouses of Deceased or Disabled Veterans
- U.S. Veterans Magazine
- Air Force Aid Society
- AFCEA War Veterans Scholarships
- AFCEA Educational Foundation
- AMVETS National Scholarships
- Veterans United Foundation
- Thanks USA Scholarships
- National Military Family Association
- Pat Tillman Foundation
- VFW SportsClips Scholarships
- Student Veterans of America
- Army Scholarship Foundation Scholarships
- Army Women’s Foundation Legacy Scholarships