Application Process Getting Started at Jacksonville University
Checklist for New Students
To assist your transition to Jacksonville University, the New Military Student checklist is outlined below:
Note: If you will be using Tuition Assistance, your first step should be to speak with your Educational Services Officer (ESO), military counselor, or Service.
904-256-7000 | email@example.com
- Complete the JU application online. Use the code "jumilitary" to waive the application fee.
- Request all official transcripts be sent to Admissions.
- Meet with Admissions Counselor.
- Attend a JU campus tour.
- Receive an Admissions decision letter.
U.S. Dept. of Veteran Affairs
888-442-4551 | www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
For Post 9/11 GI Bill benefit, complete VA form 22-1990 on www.vets.gov/education/apply.
- If transfer student, complete VA form 22-1995 on www.vets.gov/education/apply to change school to JU.
- If a recipient of benefit, complete a VA form 22-1990e on www.vets.gov/education/apply.
- Receive Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in the mail from the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs.
- For Vocational Rehabilitation, complete VA form 28-1900, and provide JU with VA form 28-1905.
- For other VA education programs, www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Director of Veterans and Military Resource Center
- Contact Mike Mitchell, 904-256-7638 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit VA documents to JU, including COE, orders or DD-214.
- Receive a JU Military Student Welcome letter.
904-256-7170 | email@example.com
- Make an appointment to meet an Academic Advisor to enroll in classes.
904-256-7080 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accept Student Health Insurance, or submit waiver (available here) if you have other coverage.
Financial Aid Office
904-256-7060 | email@example.com
- Complete FAFSA online at www.FAFSA.com.
- Receive financial aid letter in the mail from JU.
904-256-7054 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Center and sign up for Phin Connect.
Disability Support Services
Olga Florez | email@example.com
- If needed, contact Disability Support Services to request any accommodations you might need.
Student Veterans of America
- Tour the Defenders Den in the Founders Building.
- Join on Phin Connect.
New Military Student Orientation
- Each semester we hold a Military and Veteran Student Orientation to share and communicate all the resources JU has to offer. To attend this orientation session, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
904-256-7585 | email@example.com
- Get your JU ID card.
- Get your parking pass.
904-256-7582 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for campus housing, or submit housing waiver. Learn about the Residency Requirement through the Office of Residential Life.