Planning Your Visit
Limited appointments will be available the week of August 10. The SHC will open for full service on August 17. If you need care before that time, these urgent care facilities are within driving distance from campus.
Schedule Your Appointment
To schedule an appointment, call 904-256-8080. Upcoming appointment information can be viewed through the Patient Portal. To access the Patient Portal, log in using your JU ID and password. Once you are in the Patient Portal, you will be able to see upcoming appointments and information details. Currently the SHC is not offering walk-in appointments.
Please be prompt for your scheduled appointment to complete the check-in process. Recommended arrival is 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. If you are 10 minutes late for your appointment, we will do our best to fit you into the schedule. However, out of fairness to other students, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment, and you will be charged a “No Show” fee.
How to Cancel an Appointment
If you cannot make your appointment, please let us know so we can make your appointment available to other students. Currently, we ask that you call the JU SHC at (904) 256-8080 and speak with the Front Desk Coordinator or leave a message, if after hours.
If a patient does not show up for their scheduled appointment, their JU account is charged a “No Show” JU SHC fee of $25. If a student misses more than 3 appointments within an academic year, they will no longer be eligible to receive services for the remainder of the academic year. A “No Show Fee” will be assessed to students who fail to cancel an appointment that they cannot attend with at least a 2-hour notice.
How to Prepare for Your Visit at the Student Health Center
- All students must complete the COVID-19 pre-appointment screening tool before arrival to the SHC. This can be done by logging into the Patient Portal. If you have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are experiencing a fever, cough or shortness of breath, call the Student Health Center before arriving for your appointment.
- Some appointments have health forms that need to be completed prior to your appointment. If a health form is required, in most cases it will be located under the “Forms” icon when you log into your Patient Portal.
- Bring your JU ID, Insurance Card, emergency contact numbers, and names, addresses and telephone numbers of health care specialties who are currently involved in managing your care.
- Please check in 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- If you are late for your scheduled appointment, you may be asked to re-schedule. Please keep this in mind when scheduling your appointment.
- Please note that appointments are limited in length and you may be asked to schedule a follow-up appointment if you have multiple concerns or your care requires more than the allotted time.
- If you cannot make your appointment, please call or go onto the Patient Portal to cancel your appointment.
To ensure the safety and protection of children and to ensure patients receive the needed care without the distractions of a child, children are not permitted in the JU SHC clinical areas. They are permitted in the JU SHC lobby/waiting area only if they remain supervised by an adult at all times.