Alternative Teacher Certification Preparation
The Alternative Teacher Certification Preparation coursework is designed for persons desiring to teach in the State of Florida, grades K-12. After successful completion of the curriculum plan and the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE), students may apply for Florida Teacher Certification at the Florida Department of Education at www.fldoe.org.
Please note that these courses do not result in a degree or certificate from Jacksonville University.
Download the Program of Study Apply Now
Application for admission to the School of Education Alternative Teacher Certification courses may be obtained online. All application materials should be returned to the Center for Professional Studies, 2800 University Boulevard North, Jacksonville, Florida 32211-3394.
- A bachelor's degree with an overall subject area GPA of 2.00 from a regionally accredited institution.
- A completed graduate admission application.
- A $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts showing all degrees and college credit earned.
- Background check for all field placements.