Faculty & Staff Directory
University Faculty & Staff Directory Directory Support University Leadership Office of People & Culture About Jacksonville University Departments A-Z Index
College of Arts & Sciences
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Raymond Clines
Professor of English
Email address email@example.com
Telephone number (904) 256-7107
Office location Council Bldg., 126
- Ph.D., University of Rhode Island
- M.A., Central Washington University
- B.A., University of Washington, cum laude in philosophy
- Fulbright Scholar, Thailand
Selected Publications, Awards, and Service
- Florida State Leader for the National Council of Teachers of English Literary Magazine Program
- Advisory Council Member to the National Writing Project in Florida
- Area Chair for Writing, Rhetoric, and Social Discourse for the American Culture Association for 15 years, including serving as board member for international conferences held at Oxford University and Cambridge University, England.
- Author of three college textbooks, one of which is in its eighth edition and has been used at over 200 universities (Research Writing Simplified, Pearson)
- Co-author (with Florida College of Jacksonville) of the 24-lesson telecourse Read, Write, and Research that was nationally broadcast for college credit on the PBS Educational channel for eleven years
- Fulbright Scholar in linguistics at the University of Chiang Mai in Thailand
- Peace Corps supervisor, Chuuk, Micronesia