Faculty & Staff Directory
Division of Social Sciences
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Michael Pomante
Assistant Professor of Political Science and Public Policy
- Ph.D., Northern Illinois University
- M.A., Central Michigan University
- B.A., Michigan State University
Fields Of Study
- State Election Law
- Voter Turnout/Political Behavior
- Political Parties
- The Presidency
- Youth Civic Behavior
- U.S. Congress
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Comparative Political Systems (POL 302)
- International Politics (POL 208)
- Political Psychology
- The Presidency (POL 375)
- U.S. Congress (POL 375)
Selected Publications, Awards, and Service
- Pomante II, Michael with Scot Schraufnagel. 2020. Historical Dictionary of the United Sttes Congress 2nd Edition. Lanham, MD: Roman-Littlefield
- Quan Li, Michael J. Pomante II, and Scot Schraufnagel, 2018. "The Cost of Voting in the American States." Election Law Journal: Rules, Politics, and Policy.
- Pomante II, Michael J. 2017. "An Examination of Presidential Candidates and how they Mobilize Youth." Open Journal of Political Science 7: 473-487.
- Pomante II, Michael J. and Scot Schraufnagel. 2015. "Candidate Age and Youth Voter Turnout." American Politics Research 43(3): 479-503.
- Pomante II, Michael J. and Scot Schraufnagel. 2018. Historical Dictionary of the Barack Obama Administration 2nd Edition. Lanham, MD: Roman-Littlefield
- Pomante II, Michael J. and Scot Schraufnagel. 2017. "The Price of Corruption in Congress." In Corruption Discretion and Accountability, eds. Nancy Lind and Cara Rabe-Hemp. Bingley, UK: Emerald Insight Publishing
- Outstanding Graduate Instructor Award 2016. - Department of Political Science, Northern Illinois University