Faculty & Staff Directory
University Faculty & Staff Directory Directory Support University Leadership Office of People & Culture About Jacksonville University Departments A-Z Index
School of Social Sciences & Education
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
- Ph.D., Northern Illinois University
- M.A., Central Michigan University
- B.A., Michigan State University
Fields Of Study
- State Election Law
- Voter Turnout/Political Behavior
- Political Parties
- The Presidency
- Youth Civic Behavior
- U.S. Congress
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Comparative Political Systems (POL 302)
- International Politics (POL 208)
- Political Psychology
- The Presidency (POL 375)
- U.S. Congress (POL 375)
Selected Publications, Awards, and Service
- Pomante II, Michael with Scot Schraufnagel. 2020. Historical Dictionary of the United Sttes Congress 2nd Edition. Lanham, MD: Roman-Littlefield
- Quan Li, Michael J. Pomante II, and Scot Schraufnagel, 2018. "The Cost of Voting in the American States." Election Law Journal: Rules, Politics, and Policy.
- Pomante II, Michael J. 2017. "An Examination of Presidential Candidates and how they Mobilize Youth." Open Journal of Political Science 7: 473-487.
- Pomante II, Michael J. and Scot Schraufnagel. 2015. "Candidate Age and Youth Voter Turnout." American Politics Research 43(3): 479-503.
- Pomante II, Michael J. and Scot Schraufnagel. 2018. Historical Dictionary of the Barack Obama Administration 2nd Edition. Lanham, MD: Roman-Littlefield
- Pomante II, Michael J. and Scot Schraufnagel. 2017. "The Price of Corruption in Congress." In Corruption Discretion and Accountability, eds. Nancy Lind and Cara Rabe-Hemp. Bingley, UK: Emerald Insight Publishing
- Outstanding Graduate Instructor Award 2016. - Department of Political Science, Northern Illinois University