Faculty & Staff Directory
School of Social Sciences & Education
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Jeff Martin
Associate Professor of Geography
- Ph.D., Geography, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.A., Geography, Appalachian State University
- M.S., International Studies, Troy University
- B.S., Engineering, United States Military Academy at West Point
Fields Of Study
- Tropical climatology
- Tropical storm path in the Atlantic basin
- Wind damage in tropical storms
- Landscape analysis
- Geopiety and landscapes
- World Geography (GEOG 200)
- Earth Science (GEOG 230)
- Topics in Regional Geography (GEOG 300)
- Conservation of Natural Resources (GEOG 331)
- Dynamic Meterology (GEOG 411)
- environmental Issues of Florida (GEOG 431)
- Climate Change (GEOG 460)
- The Middle East
- Natural Disasters
Selected Publications, Awards, And Service
- "Directional Characteristics of Potentially Damaging Wind Gusts in the Southeast United States" Physical Geography.
- "A Mesoscale Wind Climatology for the Southeast United States." Applied Climatology Conference of the American Meteorological Society in Reno, Nevada (October, 1997).
- "Adjusting Wind Speed Data Considering Terrain Characteristics and Measurement Technique." Annual Conference of the Association of American Geographers in Boston, Massachusetts (March 1998).
- "A Technique for Determining Relationships in Radial Data." Annual Conference of the Southeast Division of the Association of American Geographers in Tampa, Florida (November, 1999).
- "An Analysis of Wind Gust Observations for Reporting Stations in the Southeast United States." Annual Conference of the Southeast Division of the Association of American Geographers in Charlotte, North Carolina (November 2003).
- "Wind Damage Potential as Analyzed by Speed and Direction." Annual Conference of the Association of American Geographers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (March 2004).
- "An Overview of Anthropogenic Global Warming and the Potential Impact on Jacksonville." Jacksonville Exchange Club in Jacksonville, Florida (September, 2004).
- "Tropical Storm Processes and Patterns and the Impact of Hurricanes Frances and Jeanne in Jacksonville Florida as Analyzed by GIS." Guest speaker series by the Department of Math and Science at Jacksonville, University (October, 2004).
- "Wind Damage and Tree Blowover Associated with Tropical Storms." Annual Conference of the Florida Society of Geographers in Orlando, Florida (February, 2005).
- "Tropical Storm Damage in an Urban Area: A Case Study of Jacksonville University." Faculty Research Symposium at Jacksonville University in Jacksonville, Florida (April, 2005).
- "Spatial Characteristics of Tropical Storm Induced Tree Damage in an Urban Landscape." Annual Conference of the Southeast Division of the Association of American Geographers in West Palm Beach, Florida (November, 2005).
- "Atlantic Tropical Storm Dynamics and the Current Tropical Conditions." Florida School of Law’s Environmental Summit at Jacksonville University in Jacksonville, Florida (November 2005).