Faculty & Staff Directory
Division of Social Sciences
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Christi Bamford
Associate Professor of Psychology
- Ph.D., Developmental Psychology, University of California, Davis (2009)
- M.A., Developmental Psychology, University of California, Davis (2005)
- M.St., Hebrew and Jewish Studies (2002)
- M.A., Religious Studies, University of Georgia (2001)
- B.A., Psychology and Religion (double major), University of Georgia, summa cum laude (1998)
- A.S., Psychology, Darton College, summa cum laude (1996)
Fields Of Study
- Positive psychology and psychology of religion
- Development of theory of mind and emotion understanding
- Development in understanding imaginary concepts (e.g. fantasy-reality distinctions)
- Development in understanding religious concepts (e.g. God, angels, prayer)
- Development of optimism and pessimism
- Introduction to Psychology (PSYC 201)
- Human Growth and Development (PSYC 210)
- Research Methods and Statistics II (PSYC 411 WI)
- Psychology of Religion (PSYC 413)
- Advanced Child Development (PSYC 417)
Selected Publications, Awards, And Service
- Lagattuta, K., Sayfan, L., and Bamford, C. (2012). Do you know how I feel? Parents underestimate worry and overestimate optimism compared to child self-report. Journal Of Experimental Child Psychology. 113(2), 211-232.
- Bamford, C., and Lagattuta, K. (2012). Looking on the bright side: Children's knowledge about the benefits of positive versus negative thinking. Child Development, 83(2), 667-682.
- Bamford, C. and Lagattuta, K. H. (2010). A new look at children's understanding of mind and emotion: The case of prayer. Developmental Psychology, 46(1), 78-92.