Faculty & Staff Directory
School of Social Sciences & Education
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Ashley Johnson
Associate Professor of Geography
Geography & Sustainability
- Ph.D., Interdisciplinary Ecology (GIS concentration), University of Florida
- M.A., Urban and Regional Planning, University of Florida
- B.S., Natural Resource Conservation, University of Florida
Fields Of Study
- Coastal and marine geospatial planning
- Geospatial analysis of marine uses and conflict
- Coastal policy and ocean governance
- GIS education/instruction K-12 and higher education
- Modeling coastal resilience
- Introduction to Geography (GEOG 200)
- Introduction to GIS (GEOG 250TI)
- Urban and Regional Planning/Urban Geography (GEOG 313)
- Environmental Policy and Planning (GEOG 315)
- Advanced GIS (GEOG 455)
- Green Criminology (GEOG/SOC/SUST 320)
- Introduction to Sustainability (SUST 335)
- Sustailability Capstone (SUST 480)
Selected Publications, Awards, and Service
- Oldakowski, R. and A.M. Johnson (2017) Combining Geography, Math, and Science to Teach Climate Change and Sea Level Rise. The Journal of Geography. 117(1): 17-28.
- Resko, D. and A.M. Johnson (2015) An Analysis of Shark Attacks in the State of Florida. The Florida Geographer. 45: 28-40. http://journals.fcla.edu/flgeog/article/view/84462/81542
- Interdisciplinary Geographic and Information Systems Certificate: Gainesville, FL
- NOAA Graduate Research Fellowship: Washington, D.C.
- Florida Marine Research Institute Research Grant: St. Petersburg, FL
- Margaret E. Raynal Award for Outstanding Environmental Planning: Gainesville, FL