Peer Tutoring Academic Support Center
SPRING 2020 UPDATE
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Academic Support Center is currently closed for on-campus tutoring. Don't worry, we are still here to support you! Online tutoring is available for all JU undergraduate students during this period of remote learning.
How to Access Online Tutoring
- Go to Blackboard via MyJU
- Click on the course for which you would like assistance
- In the navigation pane to the left, click on "Tools"
- Once in Tools, locate Brainfuse Online Tutoring (left-hand side, seventh item down)
- This will open a new window allowing you to access live tutoring, submit a paper to the writing lab, or make use of any of the other academic tools (such as flashcards, study guides, and more).
Have Questions? We're Here!
If you have any trouble access Brainfuse, any concerns about the support available to you while at home, or anything else related to academic support, please let us know! You can email Marissa Loon, Associate Director of Academic Support, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also log into any of the Q&A Sessions she'll be hosting each week. Please see below for dates, times, and links. These will be updaed weekly with new session times.
Upcoming Q&A Sessions:
- Session 3: Friday, April 3 at 12pm (Link to Session)
- Session 4: Tuesday, April 7 at 3pm (Link to Session)
- Session 5: Thursday, April 9 at 12pm (Link to Session)
Tutoring at Jacksonville University
We help students become stronger, more confident learners. We assist students in developing the necessary skills and strategies for successful learning and realizing their academic goals. Our primary goal is to help JU students reach their academic potential through peer assistance.
The peer tutors are all JU students who are successful in their studies and welcome the opportunity to help their classmates succeed. All tutors go through extensive training aligned with the standards by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) and must maintain a minimum of a 3.2 GPA. Many tutors are also Resident Assistants, Student-Athletes, leaders of Student Government, Research Assistants, and more.
Tutors can assist students with course material and with developing and improving successful learning strategies. Our services are available to all undergraduate students for no additional charge, and they include:
- One-on-one tutoring
- Group tutoring
- Weekly tutoring (individual or group)
- Online Tutoring and Academic Tools via Brainfuse
- Review Sessions (midterms and finals)
- Academic Confidence Series