How Do I Become a Peer Tutor?
Benefits to Becoming a Tutor
- Help other students achieve academic success
- Meet GREAT people
- Build your resume
- Increase academic achievements for grad school apps
- Reinforce material you've learned & hone your own study skills
- Make some money $$$$
- Be currently enrolled at Jacksonville University
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Maintain a B average or higher in courses tutoring
- Display enthusiasm for learning
- Demonstrate strong interest in tutored subject matter
- Show a deep desire to help others with their learning process
- Understand various learning strategies and study skills
- Recognize that students have unique learning styles
- Have great initiative and a strong work ethic
- Demonstrate reliability and punctuality
How to Apply
IMPORTANT: To allow information to save to the documents, down load it to your computer and open it from there BEFORE you fill it in. After you completely fill in the following forms, please "Save As" each document with your last name & first initial before the current title of each document. It is very important to include your name in the filename so we know the files are yours when you submit them.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a JU Peer Tutor!
- APPLICATION IS BEING EDITED AT PRESENT:
- A current copy of your JU transcript from "web advisor" MUST also be submitted with the application to be considered for employment.
- Please fill out the top of this pae and send a copy of it to at least 3 of your current, or most recent, professors with the instructions that they must return the completed document ASAP to me at email@example.com.
- Peer Tutor Job Description 8-2015.pdf:
- This is just for your information regarding the expectations of this position.
I look forward to meeting you and discussing the many advantages of becoming a Peer Tutor!