How to Register
- Submit your abstract on Blackboard.
- Required for all presenters.
- Abstract length: 100 words
- Abstract deadline: 11:59 p.m. Thursday, 3/16
- Schedule your presentation on Blackboard.
- Required for individual podium presentations and individual poster presentations.
- Not required for class poster presentations.
- Join the JU Symposium Blackboard course.
- Log into Blackboard with your JU username and password.
- Click on the "Courses" tab.
- In the "Course Search" box, type "Symp" and click "Go."
- You'll see a course named "JU Faculty & Student Symposium." Hover over the Course ID (JU_SYMP) to make a downward-pointing arrow appear. Click this arrow, and then click "Enroll."
- When the confirmation screen loads, click "Submit." We will use this Blackboard course to manage and communicate important Symposium information. When you wish to enter the course, it will appear on your list of Blackboard courses.
- Log on to the JU Symposium course on Blackboard to submit the abstract.
- You can now submit your abstract by clicking on "Abstract Submission" and following
the instructions on the page. Your abstract submission must include:
- The title of your presentation.
- The names of all presenters, as they wish them to appear in the program.
- The name of your faculty sponsor (for student presentations). Student abstracts without a faculty sponsor will not be accepted.
- A formal abstract of 100 words maximum. (There is even a handy word counter in the submission field!)
- Your preference for an oral presentation or a poster presentation.
- Your Twitter handle (optional) for us to include in any live tweets of the Symposium.
- An indication of any audio-visual or other special technical needs for your presentation (beyond standard PC with PowerPoint, internet access, and projector).
- You can now submit your abstract by clicking on "Abstract Submission" and following the instructions on the page. Your abstract submission must include:
- Share your availability to present.
- Podium Presenters: On the “Abstract Submission” page, please follow the instructions on-screen to complete the “availability form”. This form asks you to indicate the times you cannot present over the two days of the Symposium (April 3 and 4).
- Individual Poster Presenters: Individuals can present their poster during whichever hour they prefer (Monday or Tuesday). On the “Abstract Submission” page, please follow the instructions on-screen to complete the “availability form”. This form asks you to indicate the times you cannot present over the two days of the Symposium (April 3 and 4). Simply block off all times (except for the hour you wish to present). For individual poster presenters, we will reserve an easel and organize your three 2.5 minute presentations (with the other poster presenters scheduled at that time).
- Class Poster Presentations: Is your entire class in presenting posters (during your normal class time)? If so, you do not need to schedule a time for your poster presentation. The instructor of the class is responsible for scheduling the class (and sharing the number of posters being presented).