- Event Date: Monday, March 23, 2020- Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- Abstract Deadline: Sunday, March 1, 2020
The JU Symposium is a research and scholarship conference for JU students. The goal is to provide an opportunity for all JU students (freshmen-graduate students) to present their work in a professional setting. This experience provides an opportunity for JU students to enhance their written and oral communication skills through a formal conference presentation.
Every spring, a research symposium is sponsored for the public presentation of the results of students’ research and creative projects.Students also have opportunities to submit their work for presentation at state, regional, and national conferences in their disciplines and at the National Council on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) conference. Learn more about other research events.
The symposium has a format where students will e-mail their abstracts and availability sheets to a faculty representative in their college/division. The students may request a podium or poster presentation and every student must have a faculty advisor listed. Abstracts should be 150 words or less, with 12 point font in Times New Roman style. Please see the sample abstract for proper formatting.
- Dr. Wendy Gillis (Business) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Selen Savas-Hall (Business) - email@example.com
- Dr. Justin Hall (Business) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kristen Izaryk (Communication Sciences and Disorders) - email@example.com
- Dr. Steven Davis (Education) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Shannon Lockwood (Fine Arts) - email@example.com
- Dr. Wenying Xu (Humanities) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Catherine Saenz (Kinesiology) - email@example.com
- Dr. Lindsay McKim (Nursing) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kara Conway (Science and Math) - email@example.com
- Dr. Ashley Johnson (Social Sciences) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Class Poster Session
The class poster sessions will be held on Monday, March 23rd and Tuesday, March 24th from 9 am to 4 pm in the atrium upstairs in DCOB. Faculty who would like to bring their classes, please e-mail all of the abstracts directly to Dr. Jeff Wight at email@example.com.
IRB Guidance, Instructions, and Applications
- Class Projects or Activities Involving Human Subjects Guidelines
- Option 1-Application for Class Activities or Projects that do not Require IRB/ORSP Oversight
- Option 2- Application for Class Projects or Activities that Require IRB/ORSP Oversight
For the 2020 Spring Symposium, the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs and the EPIC Program will be funding the poster printing costs for all presenters through the JU print shop. Presenters must submit their posters for printing by midnight on March 16, 2020 to ensure that they will be printed by the symposium date. Please see the poster printing guidelines.
The 2019 JU Faculty & Student Symposium took place on Monday, April 1 and Tuesday, April 2 in Conference Rooms B & C in the Davis College of Business.
The 2018 JU Faculty & Student Symposium took place on Thursday, March 29, and Friday, March 30, in Conference Rooms B & C in the Davis College of Business.
The 2017 JU Faculty & Student Symposium took plate on Monday, April 3, and Tuesday, April 4, in Conference Rooms B & C in the Davis College of Business.