Study Abroad & Away
Gooding Building, 105
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Study Abroad & Away at Jacksonville University seeks to promote global learning by exposing students and faculty to other countries, cultures, and languages. We seek to engage students and faculty in global issues and to issues of U.S. relations with the rest of the world.
Jacksonville University offers a variety of study abroad opportunities to every type of student. Our programs span the world and include core courses that apply to any degree at JU. Additionally, we encourage experiential learning by promoting service and internship opportunities abroad.
Students can choose to study abroad & away during any term: fall or spring semester, fall break, spring break, and summer. A popular way to travel abroad is through JU Faculty-Led programs, which travel with JU peers and professors as a group. Interested students also have the exciting opportunity to earn JU credit at either of our partner institutions: the Sant'Anna Institute in Sorrento, Italy and the Barcelona School for International Studies in Barcelona, Spain.
Check out the programs we offer by browsing each section of our website. If you'd like to meet in person to discuss program options, click the button below to schedule an advising appointment.
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 12:00 P.M.- 3:00 P.M. in Gooding 105
Dates to Remember
- International Studies, History, Geography in Cuba - Fall Break 2019 (November 21 - 26)
- Public Health in Barcelona - Spring Break 2020 (March 7 - 14)
- International Studies & Political Science in London - Spring Break 2020 (March 7 - 14)
- Political Science in Washington, D.C. - Spring Break 2020 (March 8 - 14)
- Sorrento JU 201 Leadership - Spring 2020 (April 26 - May 3)
- Sorrento Maymester - Summer 2020 (May 3 - 24)
- Dance in China - Summer 2020 (May 11 - June 4)
- International Marketing & Org. Behavior in Scotland - Summer 2020 (May 28 - June 25)
- Art & Humanities in Rome - Summer 2020 (June 1 - 19)
- Marine Science in the Bahamas - Summer 2020 (June 12 - 30)
- Sorrento Summer I - Summer 2020 (May 24 - June 27)
- Sorrento Summer II - Summer 2020 (June 28 - August 1)
- Barcelona Summer I - Summer 2020 (June 1 - 27)
- Barcelona Summer II - Summer 2020 (June 29 - July 25)
- Sorrento Semester - Fall 2020
- Barcelona Semester - Fall 2020
Interested in Studying Abroad?
Ask yourself these questions...
- Does it work for my major? Yes, there are study abroad programs for all majors! Core classes are easy to find!
- Will I still graduate on time? Yes, and in some cases it speeds up your degree!
- Is it affordable? Yes, and you'd be surprised how affordable it is, especially over spring break and summer!
- Does my financial aid apply? Federal and state financial aid applies, plus other private aid you may receive!
- Do I need to know another language? Not at all! All programs offer courses taught in English.
Still interested? Schedule an appointment to speak with us and start planning your international adventure today!