Monday, April 3, & Tuesday, April 4
Davis College of Business
These schedules share the podium and poster presentations for the 2017 JU Symposium (titles, presenters, and faculty sponsors).
- Podium presentations (conference rooms)
- Poster presentations (in lobby)
- Keynote presentations (conference rooms)
Noon - 12:50 p.m.
Dr. Quinton White (Ex.Dir., JU Marine Science Research Institute)
Presentation: “OCEARCH at JU”
12:30 p.m. - 1:20 p.m.
JU All-star Talks
4 students, 4 faculty
Brief presentations highlighting exciting projects and programs at JU
Presenter schedule announced soon
The JU Symposium is a research/scholarship conference for students and faculty. This is a well-established, wonderful event. Our ultimate goal is to provide an opportunity for all JU students (freshmen-graduate students) an exciting opportunity to present polished work in a professional setting. This will help JU students develop unique expertise and advanced presentation skills.
Types of Presentations
Students and faculty are able to submit two types of presentations:
- 10-minute podium presentation (Individuals submit for their preferred time)
- 1-hour poster presentations (Individuals submit for their preferred time, or instructor has everyone in class present during normal class time)
Students can present scholarship and research. Here are some options:
- Class project
- Book review
- Article review
- Case study
- Literature review
- Study abroad tutorials
- Senior thesis proposal draft
- Senior thesis presentation
- Pilot data collected during class
- Research conducted during upper-level class (with data/statistics)
- Draft of grant proposals
- Draft of conference presentations
Students are required to have a faculty sponsor for their presentation. The faculty sponsor serves as the “reviewer” of the abstract and presentation. Presenters must submitting a 100 word abstract by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, March 16.