The JU Symposium is a research/scholarship conference for students and faculty. This is a well-established, wonderful event. Our ultimate goal is to provide an opportunity for all JU students (freshmen-graduate students) and faculty an exciting opportunity to present polished work in a professional setting. This will help JU students develop unique expertise and advanced presentation skills.
Thursday, March 29, & Friday, March 30
Davis College of Business
Friday, March 9th, 2018.
For each presentation, a 100-word abstract must be submitted. Details are provided for presenters (and instructors) on the section of the website titled “How to Register”.
Types of Presentations
1) 10-minute Podium Presentation. Presenter(s) submits abstract on Blackboard and lists availability. Students must have a faculty sponsor. Individual and small group presentations allowed.
2) Individual Poster Presentation. Presenter(s) submits abstract on Blackboard and chooses a 1-hour poster session to register for. Students must have a faculty sponsor. Individual and small group presentations allowed.
3) Class poster session. Instructor schedules a 1-hour poster presentation session for their class (typically during normal class time). Instructor registers class presentations by submitting a flashstick (that contains all class abstracts and posters). Students DO NOT need to submit their abstract on Blackboard (for a class poster session).
Students can present scholarship and research. Here are some options:
- Class project
- Book review
- Article review
- Case study
- Literature review
- Study abroad tutorials
- Senior thesis proposal draft
- Senior thesis presentation
- Pilot data collected during class
- Research conducted during upper-level class (with data/statistics)
- Draft of grant proposals
- Draft of conference presentations
Schedules for the oral podium presentations and the poster presentations will be posted after the abstract submission deadline.