Welcome to the Dolphin Family!
Once you have been accepted to JU, you will need to attend New Student Orientation. Orientation is required for all incoming students and space in each session is limited.
Summer Orientation is an exciting experience that helps you connect with your peers, the campus, and the outside Jacksonville community. Orientation will provide you with tools and resources you need for a successful transition into college and leave you excited to return in August as a JU Dolphin!
2019 Orientation Dates
Wednesday, July 10 — Friday, July 12
Register for Session #1 This session is full!
Thursday, July 18 — Saturday, July 20
Wednesday, July 24 — Friday, July 26
Tuesday, July 30 — Thursday, August 1
International Student Orientation
Tuesday, August 20 - Thursday, August 22
Schedule of Activities
Check in at 11:00 a.m. on Day 1.
Day 1 & 2
The first two days of Orientation immerses new students in the history and traditions of JU, helps students establish new friendships, and guides them through experiences that will help them be successful in college. Each new student becomes a part of a small group of approximately 10-15 students, along with a returning student leader. Together groups will discover what it means to be a JU Dolphin while forging lasting bonds and friendships. Orientation activities will introduce you to your new home away from home.
On day three, students will have the opportunity to independently explore the campus and meet with individual offices. Staff members will be available throughout the day to help incoming students with critical steps needed for a successful start to their collegiate career.
Check out at 10:30 a.m. on Day 3.
- Summer Orientation is an on-campus 3-day event. Students are expected to participate in all 3 days to fulfill their Orientation requirement.
- Administrative Offices will be open during the third day of Orientation. Be sure to pack any necessary documents that you may need to submit.
- Meals and lodging will be provided to students throughout Summer Orientation. Students will stay in North Residence Hall.
What to Pack
- Bed Linens: Twin XL fitted sheet, flat sheet, pillow, and blanket (REQUIRED)
- Toiletries: Shampoo/conditioner, soap, toothpaste, etc. (REQUIRED)
- Any documents needed for your administrative needs
- Light, casual summer clothing for three days (activities may include anything from sporting events to museum visits, but casual clothing is appropriate for all events)
- Bathing suit for a pool party!
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Sun screen and a hat
- Some personal spending money for snacks, souvenirs, etc.