Welcome to the Dolphin Family!
Once you have been accepted to JU, you will need to attend New Student Orientation. Orientation is required for all incoming students and each session is limited.
Summer Orientation is an exciting experience that helps you connect with your peers, the campus, and the outside Jacksonville community. Orientation will provide you with tools and resources you need for a successful transition into college and leave you excited to return in August as a JU Dolphin!
2018 Orientation Dates
- Summer Orientation Session I
Wednesday, June 27th - Friday, June 29th
- Summer Orientation Session II
Monday, July 9th - Wednesday July 11th
- Summer Orientation Session III
Wednesday, July 18th - Friday, July 20th
- Summer Orientation Session IV
Wednesday, July 25th - Friday, July 27th
The Orientation Schedule
Orientation Day 1 & 2 (Check-In at 11:00 AM on Day 1)
The first two days of Orientation immerses new students in the history and traditions of JU, helps students establish new friendships, and guides them through experiences that will help them be successful in college. Each new student becomes a part of a small group of approximately 10-15 students, along with a returning student leader. Together groups will discover what it means to be a JU Dolphin while forging lasting bonds and friendships. Orientation activities introduce you to your new home away from home.
Orientation Day 3 (Check-Out at 10:30 AM)
On day three, students will have the opportunity to independently explore the campus and meet with individual offices. Staff members will be available throughout the day to help incoming students with critical steps needed for a successful start to their collegiate career.
Things to keep in mind:
- Summer Orientation is an on-campus 3-day event. Students are expected to participate in all 3 days to fulfill their Orientation requirement.
- Administrative Offices will be open during the third day of Orientation. Be sure to pack any necessary documents that you may need to submit.
- Meals and lodging will be provided to students throughout Summer Orientation. Students will stay in North Campus Hall.
Students should pack the following:
1. Bed Linens- Twin XL fitted sheet, flat sheet, pillow, and blanket (REQUIRED)
2. Toiletries- Shampoo/conditioner, soap, toothpaste, etc. (REQUIRED)
3. Any documents needed for your administrative needs
4. Light, casual summer clothing for three days (activities may include anything from sporting events to museum visits, but casual clothing is appropriate for all events)
5. Bathing suit for a pool party!
6. Sun screen and a hat
7. Some personal spending money for snacks, souvenirs, etc.