Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Daphne Wang
Assistant Professor Finance
Davis College of Business
Daphne Wang is an Assistant Professor of Finance at the Davis College of Business. She received her doctorate from the University of Texas-Pan American. Prior to obtaining her doctorate, she worked as a business executive in international trade, real estate, agriculture, and aquaculture industries.
Dr. Wang has taught courses in Corporate Finance, Investments, Security Analysis, Portfolio Management, Entrepreneur Finance, Commercial Banking, Financial Markets and Institutions, and Personal Finance Management etc. In addition, she serves as a faculty advisor for the JU Dolphin Student Investment Fund (DSIF), a student-managed endowment fund with more than half-million dollars of assets under the management and CFA Research Challenge team from JU.
Dr. Wang’s research interests include corporate governance, financial crisis, mergers & acquisition, insider trades, American Depository Receipts, credit ratings, asset pricing models, Foreign Direct Investment etc. Her articles have appeared in a variety of journals including the Journal of Empirical Finance, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Applied Economics, and Research in International Business and Finance. In addition, her research has been presented at major accounting and finance conferences, including American Accounting Association, Financial Management Association, Eastern Finance Association, and Southern Finance Association, among others.
- Ph.D., Finance, University of Texas- Pan American
- MBA, University of Texas at Brownsville
- Graduate Studies, Sociology, Michigan State University
- B.A., Sociology, National Taiwan University
- Real Estate broker and consultant, 2007-2009
- Corporate executive, Dec. 1992 - Jan. 2009
Business involving real estate development and construction, international trading, agriculture, art gallery etc.
- Assistant Professor of Finance- Jacksonville University, 2015-Present
- Adjunct Faculty- University of Texas at Brownsville, 2012-2015
- Evaluating the Long-Term Valuation Effect of Efficient Asset Utilization and Profit Margin on Stock Returns: Additional Evidence from the DuPont Identity (with Robert Houmes, Charlie C. Jun, and Kim Capriotti), Meditari Accountancy Research. 26(1):193-210 (2018)
- Credit Ratings and the Premiums Paid in Mergers and Acquisitions (with Surendranath Jory and Thanh Ngo), Journal of Empirical Finance. 39 (Part A):93-104 (December 2016).
- The Informational Content of ADR Mispricing (with Klaus Beckmann and Thanh Ngo), Journal of Multinational Financial Management.32-33: 1-14 (December, 2015).
- Idiosyncratic Risks, Bailout, and Financial Crisis: A Copula Approach (with Khoa Nguyen). Global Business and Finance Review. 20(1) 53-70 (2015).
- The Market Response to Corporate Scandals Involving CEOs (with Surendranath Jory, Thanh Ngo and Amrita Saha). Applied Economics. 47(17):1723-1738 (2015).
Yoga, Golf, Walking, Biking, Oil Painting, Chess, Music, Movies, Reading, Travel, Opera