Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Daphne Wang
Assistant Professor Finance
Davis College of Business
Dr. Daphne Wang is an Assistant Professor of Finance at the Davis College of Business, Jacksonville University. Her research interests span a wide range, including corporate governance, financial crisis, mergers & acquisition, insider trades, defined benefit pension plan. Her articles appeared in a variety of journals including Journal of Empirical Finance, Applied Economics, Finance Research Letters, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Journal of Accounting Education, Journal of Financial Education etc. Dr. Wang has presented papers at numerous well-known discipline-specific conferences including the American Accounting Association (AAA National) and Financial Management Association (FMA National).
In addition, she serves as a faculty advisor for the JU Dolphin Student Investment Fund (DSIF), a student-managed endowment fund with more than half-million dollars of assets under the management and CFA Research Challenge team from JU.
- Ph.D., Finance, University of Texas- Pan American
- MBA, University of Texas at Brownsville
- Graduate Studies, Sociology, Michigan State University
- B.A., Sociology, National Taiwan University
- Real Estate broker and consultant, 2007-2009
- Corporate executive, Dec. 1992 - Jan. 2009
Business involving real estate development and construction, international trading, agriculture, art gallery etc.
- Assistant Professor of Finance- Jacksonville University, 2015-Present
- Adjunct Faculty- University of Texas at Brownsville, 2012-2015
- Evaluating the Long-Term Valuation Effect of Efficient Asset Utilization and Profit Margin on Stock Returns: Additional Evidence from the DuPont Identity (with Robert Houmes, Charlie C. Jun, and Kim Capriotti), Meditari Accountancy Research. 26(1):193-210 (2018)
- Credit Ratings and the Premiums Paid in Mergers and Acquisitions (with Surendranath Jory and Thanh Ngo), Journal of Empirical Finance. 39 (Part A):93-104 (December 2016).
- The Informational Content of ADR Mispricing (with Klaus Beckmann and Thanh Ngo), Journal of Multinational Financial Management.32-33: 1-14 (December, 2015).
- Idiosyncratic Risks, Bailout, and Financial Crisis: A Copula Approach (with Khoa Nguyen). Global Business and Finance Review. 20(1) 53-70 (2015).
- The Market Response to Corporate Scandals Involving CEOs (with Surendranath Jory, Thanh Ngo and Amrita Saha). Applied Economics. 47(17):1723-1738 (2015).
Yoga, Golf, Walking, Biking, Oil Painting, Chess, Music, Movies, Reading, Travel, Opera