Faculty & Staff Directory
College of Arts & Sciences
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Professor of Political Science
College of Arts and Sciences
- Ph.D., Political Science; University of Florida. Fields: American Politics; Public Policy/Administration 1995
- M.A., Political Science; University of Florida 1991
- B.A., Government/International Relations; University of Notre Dame, With Honors 1987
- Continuing Education: Training in mediation, accreditation and pedagogy
Teaching and Research Interests:
Southern state politics, Florida politics, American presidency, survey research, research methods, and campaigns and elections
Dr. Corrigan served as Professor of Political Science and Public Administration at the University of North Florida since 1995 and was Chair of the Department of Political Science and Public Administration from 2007 to 2018. He received his Ph.D. in Political Science from the University of Florida. He is a nationally recognized expert in American and Southern politics and the American presidency, and he has published four books, as well as numerous peer-reviewed articles and chapters. With a collaborative philosophy and experience in University management, peer leadership, and new program development, Dr. Corrigan is a strong faculty advocate who values open dialogue between the College and University administration. His classes frequently cover topics that are highly relevant to Northeast Florida, including disaster management, downtown development, and growth of the millennial generation in our community.
“Trump beats Florida’s Favorite Sons” Presented at the annual meeting of the Southern Political Science Association in Austin Texas, January 16-18, 2019.
“Roundtable on Florida and 2016 Election” at the annual Meeting of the Florida Political Science Association, March 24, 2018.
“Florida and the Christian Right in 2016” in God at the Grassroots 2016: Florida.
“Jeb Bush vs. the Tea Party” Presented at the annual meeting of the Southern Political Science Association in New Orleans, LA from January 9-11, 2015.
- Presidential Election in Florida 2016: Ground Zero for America’s Modern Political Revolution. (Forthcoming, Spring 2019 University Press of Florida) – with Michael Binder (co-editors)
- Conservative Hurricane: How Jeb Bush Remade Florida. 2014. (University Press of Florida).
- American Royalty: The Bush and Clinton Families and the Danger to the American Presidency. (Palgrave Macmillan). 2008.
- Race, Religion and Economic Change in the Republican South: A Case Study of a Southern City. (University Press of Florida) 2007.