Faculty & Staff Directory
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Mary Grace I. Galinato
Associate Professor of Chemistry
- B.S. Chemistry, University of the Philippines at Los Baños, 1999
- Ph.D. Chemistry, University of Connecticut, 2007
- Postdoctoral Teaching and Research Fellow, University of Michigan, 2007-2011
Areas of Specialization:
Biophysical chemistry, bioinorganic chemistry, structure-function relationship in heme proteins
- 2011-2017: Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Pennsylvania State University - Erie Campus
- 2017-2022: Associate Professor of Chemistry, Pennsylvania State University - Erie Campus
- 2022-current: Associate Professor of Chemistry, Jacksonville University
Dr. Mary Grace I. Galinato is an associate professor of chemistry at Jacksonville University. She has a B.S.in Chemistry from the University of the Philippines, a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Connecticut, and a postdoctoral teaching and research fellowship from the University of Michigan. Throughout her career, Grace has stayed in academia, beginning as an instructor at the University of the Philippines, to associate professor at Pennsylvania State University – Erie Campus, and now at JU. She loves teaching undergraduates and mentoring them in research. As a biophysical/bioinorganic chemist, she has published in over 20 high-impact journals including the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Biochemistry, and Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, among others; and has a track-record of instructional and research grantsmanship. When she is not in the classroom or lab, she likes playing tennis, trying different kinds of food, chatting with friends, and spending time with family.