JU Sporting Clays, Skeet and Trap Team
The Jacksonville University Sporting Clays, Skeet and Trap Team was founded by Program Director and Head Coach David T. Dobson, with assistance from Dr. Priscilla Berry and Club President Justin Felker, in the Fall of 2009. The JUSST has the proud distinction of being a five-time (Divisional Event) ACUI National Champion and, in December 2011, the JUSST officially became a Varsity Team at JU. In addition, former captain and now assistant coach, Scott Hensley, became the 2015 ACUI National Collegiate (HOA) Champion in International Skeet.
We practice Wednesday and Friday afternoons, as well as Saturdays and Sundays, and encourage our members to get out and practice in their spare time.
Our home club is the Jacksonville Skeet & Trap Club, but we also visit WW Sporting Clays and Amelia Shotgun Sports. Since guns and ammunition are strictly prohibited on campus due to Federal law, we store our guns and ammo at an offsite location. Team members have access to the gun safes at all times during normal business hours.
In order for our program to continue to operate, there is a minimal dues charge, and we work with all club members in making this element practical and affordable. All dues are returned to team members in terms of targets and shells and a whole lot more.
We are a "Varsity/Club" hybrid program, and we compete as a Varsity against other Collegiate Varsities and Clubs. We welcome all newcomers, experienced and non, and if you have never had the joy of shooting clays, we will teach you, as no experience is required to join the team.
Program Leadership & Officers
- Assistant Coach & Executive Committee: Scott Hensley
- Assistant Coach & Executive Committee: Mike Esposito
- Captain & Executive Committee: Ron Palazzetti
- Captain, Treasurer & Executive Committee: Sean Hensley
- Secretary, Events and Logistics Coordinator & Executive Committee: Amy Mills
- Webmaster, CTO & Executive Committee: Amy Mills
- Fundraising Coordinator & Executive Committee: Sydney Fritz
- Founder, Program Director, Head Coach & Faculty Advisor: David T. Dobson