Global Learning Certificate
This certificate program is available to students currently enrolled in pursuit of a bachelor's degree at Jacksonville University.
Jacksonville University students within all majors can enhance their degree with a Global Learning Certificate (GLC). The GLC encourages the next generation of global citizens and leaders by enhancing their skills in multicultural knowledge and understanding through course work and active participation in diverse cultural experiences. With successful completion students will be better prepared to participate in the global economy both within and outside of the United States.
GLC students will be provided with the opportunity to globalize any major through the successful completion of the GLC. Developed in support of Jacksonville University’s commitment to innovative experiential student-centered learning, the Global Learning Certificate program provides students with the opportunity to increase global insight and understanding beyond the required core curriculum. The certificate includes one (3-credit) global experiential learning class, one (3-credit) global learning class selected from the approved list (below), and one (3-credit) foreign language class beyond the student’s required core Global Studies class.
Undergraduate students successfully completing the Global Learning Certificate will earn a notation on their official JU transcript, receive an official certificate, and cords of distinction to wear at graduation.
This certificate is available to Jacksonville University students already enrolled in pursuit of a degree.
- Minimum GPA requirement of 2.5 in all classes applied toward the certificate. Please note this is not an average but a per-class requirement.
- Students who are eligible for the Global Learning Certificate must apply no later than one semester before graduation.
The curriculum is subject to change, so please refer to the Academic Catalog for the current requirements.
- 1 Global Experiential Learning course from the following options for 3 credit hours:
- Faculty Led Study Abroad Course
- Freshman Experience Abroad
- Summer or Semester Abroad
- International Internship
- 1 Global Learning course for 3 credit hours. See the academic catalog for eligible courses and other requirements.
- 1 Foreign Language course beyond the core language requirements
Please refer to the tuition information from the Office of Student Financial Services.
Dr. Annmarie Kent-Willette
Executive Director, Center for Global Teaching & Learning; Professor of Communications
- Email address email@example.com
- Telephone number (904) 256-7396