Frequently Asked Questions Graduate Admissions


How much is the graduate application fee?

The application fee varies for each program. Please check with your Admissions Counselor to determine if there is a cost. 

What is the graduate application deadline?

The application deadline varies for each program. Please review your program’s web page to see the deadline.

When should I apply?

As soon as you are interested in applying for a program, we recommend that you initiate and submit your application. This allows us to send you important information and promptly attach your incoming materials to your application right away. Due to the competitive nature of some of our programs, we highly recommend starting and submitting the application as soon as possible.

I started an application. Do I need all of my checklist items before I am able submit the application?

No. We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible. This prompts us to send you important information and allows us to efficiently attach your incoming materials to your application when they are received.

How long does it take to receive an admissions decision?

Admission decision dates vary per program.

Is the GRE or another standardized exam required for graduate admission?

Please see your program’s web page to determine if you are required to submit the GRE or another standardized examination.

 Where may I sign up to take the GRE or GMAT?

What is the cost of your graduate programs?

For information about your program’s tuition and fees, please visit Student Financial Services.

Are scholarships available for graduate students?

Scholarships are available for some programs. Please review your program’s web page to determine if the program you are applying for offers graduate scholarships.

Is financial aid available for graduate students?

We encourage students who are seeking financial aid to complete the FAFSA at determine elligibility. Be sure to add Jacksonville University as a recipient institution. Once we receive your FAFSA, a financial aid officer will contact with you regarding your financial aid eligibility and other information.

Graduate students typically finance their graduate education through employer reimbursements, student loans, and merit scholarships if they are available.

Learn more from Student Financial Services.

Who do I contact about using Veterans Benefits?

Contact Mike Mitchell, Veteran Student Coordinator, at

Is graduate housing available?

Please contact Residential Life at 904-256-7538 for information on housing availability, as graduate student housing is limited.

Where do I send my transcripts?

If sent electronically, please email to and if mailed, please mail to:

Jacksonville University
Office of Graduate Admissions
2800 University Blvd. N.
Jacksonville, FL 32211

How do I request my I-20?

Your initial I-20 will be issued by the admissions office once you have been admitted, deposited, and have submitted your financial documents. Please be sure that we have all of the information needed to efficiently process your I-20. Any initial I-20 inquiries can be sent to  

Upon arrival, all F-1 students are required to check in with the International Office and present proof of valid health insurance. You will need to bring copies of your I-20, passport and visa for yourself and your dependents if applicable. Your International Student Services contact is Ms. Susan Bonfanti and she can be reached at or (904) 256-7067.

When and where may I obtain my student ID and parking decal?

After you have been admitted to the university, paid your tuition deposit and registered for classes; you may obtain your parking decal and student ID from the Campus Security Office. You will need to bring a current photo ID and your license plate information with you. These items are free, but there is a fee if you lose them and need to have them replaced.

Who do I contact about registering for class?

Once you have been admitted into your program of interest and have paid the tuition deposit to reserve your space in the program, your academic advisor will contact you about registering for your classes.

Application Checklist Definitions

Each of our programs require specific checklist items. Please find a list of the various checklist items and their definitions below:

Official transcripts

Please request and submit official transcripts for each regionally accredited college/university you have attended regardless of the number of classes taken or if the coursework is listed on another transcript. In order to be considered official, the transcript must be sent directly from the institution electronically or arrive sealed directly from the institution.

  • If you have a previous name, please be sure that the name is listed on your application or your transcripts may not be attached to your file. You will also want to ensure that you list all colleges you have attended to your application to prevent a delay in processing.   
  • If you are applying to a post-master’s nursing program, then we only require transcripts where you earned your master’s degree.

Foreign Education

Education received outside of the United States will require a course by course evaluation with grade point average calculation from a NACES approved agency. A listing of approved agencies can be located at

International students will be required to submit an official IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE score.

A Statement of Intent

A document outlining your reasons for attending Jacksonville University and your reasons for pursuing the academic program that you are seeking admission. This document can be any length/format.


A document that highlights your education and professional achievements.

Corporate Letter of Support (EMBA & DBA only):

Letter from your employer, which confirms their support of your participating in the program and the class time and time that will needed for completing the coursework.

Corporate Letter of Financial Support (EMBA& DBA only):

Letter from your employer, which includes any tuition benefits that the employer will be offering to you the student, if applicable.

Letters of Recommendation

You will enter your recommender’s information directly into the application and they will be receiving a link with instructions on how to submit the recommendation. If you would like to update/change recommenders, you will need to click edit next to the recommender’s entry and then select the option to exclude. You will then add in the information for your new recommender.

Portfolio (MFA only)

Portfolios for our MFA programs have submission requirements; please visit the MFA pages for more information.

English Language proficiency (International students)

International students will need to submit official English proficiency scores with their applications. We accept TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE scores. The minimum score requirements vary based upon program.

​Request Information ​Apply To JU

Graduate & Professional Studies Admissions

Quick Links


Graduate & Professional Studies Admissions

Telephone number

(904) 256-8000