Accommodations for Healthcare Science Majors
Our primary goal is to provide the necessary support to any student with a disability and/or medical condition in removing barriers that could impact their academic success.
With that in mind, the College of Healthcare Sciences has partnered with the Disability Support Services Office to provide healthcare-focused support for any student in their College.
In order to receive accommodations, a student must go through the DSS registration process initially and then renew/request an updated letter every term.
How to Register
- Provide documentation about your medical condition and/or disability to the office.
- This documentation cannot be any older than 3 years and must provide relevant information on the connection between the condition and the accommodations requested.
- The medical provider can choose between a typed letter (on their letterhead) explaining the student’s condition and how it may impact the student academically, as well as the suggested accommodations or support needed; or use one of our forms.
- Once all the documentation has been received, an appointment will be set to discuss the accommodations requested and to finalize the registration process.
- The DSS Office will provide the student and faculty members with the accommodation letter(s) for the requested term, but it is the student’s responsibility to have a conversation about the accommodations and how/when/if they’ll be needing/using them. If there is a need for assistance in this process, please ensure you make our office aware of this need.
How to Renew Your Registration
In order to renew/request accommodations, the student is required to complete a renewal request every term.
- Log-in to your Accommodate portal via the following link https://ju-accommodate.symplicity.com/
- Click on accommodations- semester request/renewal- click on the semester drop-down
list, select the term you want to renew accommodations for.
Click "Add New" button- your approved and renewable accommodations will display on the screen. You will then choose the semester for which the request is being submitted and courses will populate. From here, you can select the Submit for all Accommodations or Review the Renewal button.
- Once the request is received, please allow 2-3 business days for the request to be processed. You will be notified via email that the letter is ready to be reviewed and signed, as well as sent to the selected faculty members.