Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Vikas Agrawal
Associate Professor Business Analytics
Davis College of Business
A native of India, Agrawal came from Fayetteville State University, where he served ten years as a tenured professor in the School of Business and Economics.
“I was looking for an opportunity to utilize all of my skills and felt like JU was a great match for my applied academic interests and passion for teaching,” said Agrawal.
He received his Ph.D. from the University of Toledo in Manufacturing Management and Engineering, with a dissertation entitled, “Data Warehouse Operational Design: View Selection and Performance Simulation.” Agrawal completed a Master of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Toledo, following his completion of his MBA in Marketing and Finance and Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering in India. His specialty lies in the area of employing optimization techniques to solve business problems, developing agent based simulation models and working with predictive models using advances statistics.
Agrawal also holds certifications in Certified Project Management Professional by PMI and Certified Supply Chain Professional by APICS. In addition, Agrawal is knowledgeable in many programming languages and simulation software, including but not limited to, Java, SQL (Oracle 9i, SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access) PL/SQL, T-SQL, VBA (Excel, Access), VB.Net, C Sharp, ASP.Net, JSP, Lingo, NetLogo (Agent based simulation), Arena simulation package and SPSS.
“So far I have met students here with a serious dedication and vigor to learn,” commented Agrawal. “It is great to experience the moment when the student truly understands the material.”
Agrawal is looking forward to teaching courses in the new Doctor of Business Administration and working on applied research with the doctoral candidates and serving on dissertation committees. Agrawal resides in Jacksonville with his wife Pragya and his two children Aryan and Ananya.
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Ph.D. Manufacturing Management and Engineering, University of Toledo
- Dissertation: "Data Warehouse Operational Design: View Selection and Performance Simulation"
- MS Industrial Engineering, University of Toledo
- MBA Marketing & Finance, Nagpur University, India
- BE Mechanical Engineering, Regional College of Engineering, India
- PMP- Certified Project Management Professional by PMI
- CSCP- Certified Supply Chain Professional by APICS
- Associate Professor of Business Analytics, Jacksonville University, 2014-Present
- Associate Professor of Management, Fayetteville State University, NC, 2011-2014
- Assistant Professor of Management, Fayetteville State University, NC, 2005-2011
- Instructor of Management, Fayetteville State University, NC, 2004-2005
- Graduate Research Assistant, University of Toledo, 2001-2004
Recent Scholarship & Research
Optimization techniques, Agent Based Simulation Systems, Data warehouses, Databases, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Knowledge Management
Wagner N and Agrawal V. "An Agent-based Simulation System for Concert Venue Crowd Evacuation Modeling in the Presence of a Fire Disaster," Expert Systems with Applications, ACCEPTED.
Wagner N and Agrawal V. "Using Genetic Algorithm Technique to Solve the View Materialization Problem in a Data Warehouse," International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems (IJIIDS)7(2), pp. 163-179, 2013.
Thatte A, Agrawal V and Muhammed S. "Linking Information Sharing and Supplier Network Responsiveness with Delivery Dependability of a Firm," Journal of Applied Business Research, 25(3), pp. 37-56, 2009.