Dr. Selen Savas-Hall is an Assistant Professor of International Business and Marketing at Jacksonville University’s Davis College of Business & Technology. She had her Ph.D. in Marketing at Florida Atlantic University, where she was also working as a research assistant and instructor. Prior to earning her Ph.D., she had internships and work experience in international companies such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, Marks & Spencer, IBM and GfK. Her research interests include international marketing, international business, consumer behavior, services marketing, and retailing. Her most recent publications appeared in Journal of Services Marketing, Services Marketing Quarterly and Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. She has also presented at various national and international prestigious conferences. She loves dancing, walking, traveling, and spending time with family and friends.
Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business & Technology
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Associate Professor of Marketing & International Business
Davis College of Business
- Ph.D. Marketing
Florida Atlantic University 2017
- M.A. Marketing
Marmara University 2010
- B.A. Business Administration
Yeditepe University 2007
- Savas-Hall, S., Koku, P. S., and Mangleburg, T., (forthcoming), Really-New Services: Perceived Risk and Adoption Intentions, Services Marketing Quarterly, Published online: 25 Oct 2021
- Savas-Hall, S., Koku, P. S., and Mangleburg, T., (2020), Consumers’ Perception of Service Newness and its Marketing Implications, Services Marketing Quarterly, Vol 41, No.1.
- Savas S. (2016), “Factors Affecting Donations in U.S. Retail Stores: A Conceptual Framework”, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol. 33 (November), pp.178-185.
- Koku, P.S. and Savas, S., (2016), “Restaurant Tipping and Customers' Susceptibility to Emotional Contagion”, Journal of Services Marketing, Vol.30, No.7, pp. 762-772.
- Toteva, I., Savas-Hall, S. and Hall, J. (2021), Impatient Consumption: Influence of a Past Self on Current Buying Behavior of High-involvement Goods, American Marketing Association (AMA) Winter Academic Conference (Virtual).
- Savas-Hall, S., Hall, J. and Gresham, G. (2019), Bottom of the Pyramid (BOP) Consumers’ Perspective of Service Innovations: The Case of Nigeria, AMS World Marketing Congress, July 9-12, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Savas-Hall, S. and Hall, J., (2018), The Role of Social Influence on Donations in Retail Stores, Annual ACRA Conference, June 6-8, Toronto, Canada