Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business & Technology
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Marie-Laure Bougnol-Potter
Davis College of Business
Professor Bougnol-Potter teaches the undergraduate Project and Operations Management and Quantitative Methods courses as well as Executive MBA Building Business Models and Public Policy Quantitative Methods and Analysis courses. She earned her doctorate in Production and Operations Management from the University of Mississippi in July 2001. Prior to coming to JU, she was an assistant professor of Management at Western Michigan University, where she taught Business Process Productivity, Managing for Quality at the undergraduate level and Business Process Management at the graduate level. Her experience also includes a two-year visiting faculty position at the University of Mississippi, where she taught operations management and management science courses. Her research interests include optimization, linear programming, operations management, and university rankings. Marie-Laure is also American Society for Quality Six Sigma Green Belt certified.
- Ph.D. in Business Administration, University of Mississippi
- M.B.A University of Mississippi
- B.S Business Administration University of Mississippi
- Associate Professor of Management, Davis College of Business & Technology, Jacksonville University: 2013 to present.
- Assistant Professor of Management, Davis College of Business & Technology, Jacksonville University: 2009 - 2013.
- Assistant Professor of Management, Haworth College of Business, Western Michigan University: 2003 - 2008.
- Visiting Assistant Professor in Production and Operations Management, School of Business, University of Mississippi: 2001 - 2003.
Recent Scholarship & Research
Bougnol, M.L., J.H. Dul ́a, 2016. “The other side of ranking schemes: generating weights for specified outcomes,” International Transactions in Operational Research, 23, 655–668.
Bougnol, M.L., J.H. Dul ́a, 2015 “Technical pitfalls in university rankings,”
Higher Education, 69, 859–866.
This is not a comprehensive list.
- PPOL 531: Quantitative Methods and Analysis