Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business & Technology
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. John Shaw
Associate Professor of Management
Davis College of Business
Dr. John C. Shaw is an Associate Professor of Management and chair of the department of business & communication at Jacksonville University’s Davis College of Business & Technology. He received his Ph.D. at the University of Florida’s Warrington College of Business, and earned his B.A. in English Literature from Swarthmore University. Previously, he was an assistant professor in the Management department at Mississippi State University’s College of Business. His research interests include organizational justice, affect, and personality influences on information processing. He has published on these topics and others in Journal of Applied Psychology, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, and Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice.
- Ph. D., Organizational Behavior, University of Florida, 2004
- B.A., English Literature, Swarthmore College, 1993
- Dissertation Title: Effects of Explanations on Emotions and Work Behaviors
- Assistant Professor (2009 to Present) - Jacksonville University, Davis College of Business & Technology, Department of Management
- Assistant Professor (2004 to 2009) - Mississippi State University, Department of Management and Information Systems
Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management
James, M. S. L., & Shaw, J. C. (2016). Cynicism across levels in the organization.
Journal of Managerial
Issues, 28, 83-100.
Ardent moviegoer, amateur dog walker, rooting on the JU Dolphins, Jaguars, Mississippi State Bulldogs, and Gators