Faculty & Staff Directory
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Jeffrey Wight
Assistant Professor of Kinesiology
Area of Specialization
- Shoulder Joint Flexibility
- Sports Biomechanics (Throwing Biomechanics, Running Biomechanics)
- Age-Related Physical Disability Measurement, Assessment, & Prevention
- Fitness Measurement, Assessment, & Advancement
- Ph.D. Biomechanics, University of Florida
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology, University of Florida
- M.S. Biomechanics, University of Delaware
- B.S. Zoology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Dr. Wight is an Assistant Professor in the Kinesiology Program and Director of the Human Performance Laboratory. Dr. Wight is a sport biomechanist with graduate degrees from the University of Delaware (MS in Biomechanics) and University of Florida (PhD in Biomechanics). Dr. Wight has extensive experience using motion-analysis cameras to study baseball pitching and tennis serve biomechanics. He also developed a custom biomechanical analysis to assess throwing shoulder flexibility. Recently, Dr. Wight has focused much attention on running biomechanics.