Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business & Technology
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Gordon Arbogast
Professor of Management
Davis College of Business
Dr. Gordon Arbogast is a Professor of Management in the Department of Management, Decision Sciences and Information Management (MDSIM). He was formerly the Department Chair of MDSIM for four years and prior to that, Associate Dean and Director of Graduate Programs of the Davis College of Business & Technology for five years. A retired full Colonel of the United States Army, Arbogast commanded soldiers in Korea, the Dominican Republic, Vietnam and Germany. He also was on the Army General Staff in the Pentagon and headed the Engineering Department at the US Military Academy at West Point, NY. He led the largest computer buy in US Army history ($1 billion) and the transition of the Defense Communications Agency to the Defense Information Systems Agency. He also was a Vice President for Pacific Bell in California. He is a leader who sets realistic goals, communicates effectively, and motivates students to obtain the best possible results.
He is married to wife Dorothy and has three children, Annette, Christina and Valentine Scott.
- Executive Education - Information Technology - Harvard University
- Ph.D. - Industrial Management - Clemson University
- M.S. - Industrial Management & Electrical Engineering - Georgia Institute of Technology
- B.S. - Engineering - U.S. Military Academy
- Associate Dean and Director of Graduate Programs, 2005-2010
- Professor of Management (Tenured), Jacksonville University, 1994-present
- Permanent Associate Professor and Head, Department of Engineering, U.S. Military Academy at West Point, NY, 1986-1989
- Pacific Bell - Vice President, Systems Technology
- CONTEL Corp - Principal Scientist & Director, Contel Technology Center R & D
- Defense Communications Agency (DCA) - Associate Director of Engineering, Technology & Corporate Planning
- Military – commanded soldiers at platoon, company and battalion level. Deputy Program Manager and Acting Program Manager of $1 billion computer buy; Computer Engineer in the Pentagon (Army General Staff)
Recent & Research
Arbogast and Agrawal, Does Corporate Social Responsibility Affect Corporate Profit
Margins?, The Journal of Management and Engineering Integration, Vol., No., Winter
2019, (Peer-reviewed/refereed Journal Article, Cabells Listed; AAS- Contribution
to Practice). Note that this article will also count as it was accepted and published
before 1 January 2020 when the new standard of ABDC became official).
Arbogast, Adams, Decardenas and Agrawal, “What are the primary Contributing Factors to Economic Development in a US Community”, The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge, Volume 25, Number 1, September 2019, The Library of Congress, Washington DC ISSN 1540-7780 pgs. 25-32 (Peer-reviewed/refereed Journal Article, ABDC listed; AAS- Contribution to Practice).