Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business & Technology
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Carol Dole
Department Chair, Sport Business; Professor of Economics; duPont Chair of Sport Business
Carol Dole received her B.S. in Journalism and her Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Florida. She earned her M.B.A. from the University of Cincinnati. Dr. Dole teaches Principles of Microeconomics and Macroeconomics as well as Statistics and Sport Economics. Her current research is on Applied Microeconomics with a Focus on Sports. She has recently been appointed Department Chair of Sports Management as it moves under the Davis College of Business & Technology curriculum. Dr. Dole served as Assessment Chair playing an important role in the acquisition of international accreditation through AACSB for the Davis College of Business & Technology. She has been a part of the Jacksonville University Faculty for 6 years.
This is not a comprehensive list.
- PPOL 501: Microeconomics for Public Policy
- PPOL 502: Public Finance
- Ph.D. Economics, University of Florida, 1992
- M.S. Economics, University of Florida, 1990
- M.B.A. University of Cincinnati, 1983
- B.S. Journalism and Communications, University of Florida, 1982
- Assistant Professor, Jacksonville University, 2006-2010
- Associate Professor, University of West Georgia, 2005-2006
- Assistant Professor, University of West Georgia, 2001-2005
- Assistant Professor, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1993-2001
Recent Scholarship & Research
- “Wage Dispersion’s Effect across Team Units: Evidence from the NFL,” Journal of Economics and Economics Education, Vol. 16, No. 3, 2015.
- “Head Coaches as Managers: How Well Can They Assess Talent?” Academy of Strategic
Journal, Vol. 14, No. 2, 2015.
College Football, Sports Economics