Faculty & Staff Directory
School of Applied Health Sciences
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Carena Winters
Associate Professor of Kinesiology
Areas of Specialization
Exercise is Medicine®, exercise epidemiology, exercise in the prevention and management of chronic disease
- Ph.D., Exercise Physiology, University of Pittsburgh
- MPH, Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh
- BS, Psychology, Eastern Kentucky University
- BS, Adult Fitness, Eastern Kentucky University
- Fellow, American College of Sports Medicine
- Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist, American College of Sports Medicine
- Level III Credential, Exercise is Medicine
Dr. Carena Winters is an expert in the areas of Exercise is Medicine® and Exercise Physiology. She earned her doctorate and Master’s in Public Health from the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Winters was a faculty member at Slippery Rock University from 2009-2017. She is currently an Associate Professor at Jacksonville University in the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences and a leader in JU’s Healthy Campus and Exercise is Medicine on Campus® (EIM-OC) initiatives. Dr. Winters launched the Global EIM-OC initiative in May 2009 with Robert E. Sallis, M.D., FACSM, and is a member of the Global EIM Advisory Board. Dr. Winters is an ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-CEP), with the EIM Level III Credential. Dr. Winters’ passion is sharing her knowledge of exercise physiology, epidemiology, and the Exercise is Medicine® initiative in the classroom and the community.