Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Angela Mattia
Associate Dean, Director of Graduate Programs, Professor of DSIM
Davis College of Business
Dr. Angela Mattia is the Associate Dean, Director of Graduate Studies and a Professor of Decision Sciences & Information Management at Jacksonville University's Davis College of Business. She is a member of the Southeastern Decision Science Institute and the Association for Information Systems, and a past technical editor of several Oracle textbooks. Dr. Mattia has published numerous manuscripts on different information systems and business analytics topics, such as the visualization of data for better decision making, software platform Integration and the effect on innovation. Her research interests include the management, analysis and visualization of data. She also recently received a faculty research grant that funds a study on how to connect research, analytics and experiential learning to achieve a better educational experience. Her personal interests are biking, taking long walks, and spending time with her little dogs.
- Ph.D. Business - Information Systems – Virginia Commonwealth University
- M.S. Business Information Systems – Virginia Commonwealth University
- B.S. Occupational and Technical Studies – Old Dominion University
- Professor of Informational Systems Technology - J. Sargeant Reynolds, 2001-09
- Project Manager/System Analyst - Information Technology Specialist III - Virginia Commonwealth University, 2001
- Data Processing User Liaison - Information Technology Specialist II - Virginia Commonwealth University, 2000-01
- Computer Network Analyst - Virginia Commonwealth University, 1999-2000
- Lottery Sales Consultant – Virginia Lottery, 1988-99
- D'Aquila, J., Wang, D., & Mattia, A. (2019). Are Instructor Generated YouTube Videos Effective in Accounting and other Business Classes? A Study of Student Engagement, Motivation, Perception, and Performance. Journal of Accounting Education.
- Diamond, M., & Mattia, A. (2017). Data Visualization: An Exploratory Study into the
Used by Businesses. Journal of Instructional Pedagogies.
- Gresham, G., & Mattia, A. (2015). The Value of a Non-Traditional Approach to Marketing
Journal of Management and Marketing Research.
- Mattia, A., D'Aquila, J., & Wang, D. (2019). What Constitutes an Effective Instructional
Incorporated in Simulation Software Packages. Southern Association for Information Systems Conference.
- Mattia, A., Gresham, G., & Jadav, A. (in press, 2019). Business Intelligence and Analytics:
An Exploration of Academic Interest Compared to Google Search Volume2019 Southern
Information Systems Conference. Southern Association for Information Systems Conference.
- D'Aquila, J., Wang, D., & Mattia, A. (2019). Instructor Generated YouTube Videos –
An Effective Way
to Teach Principles of Accounting. American Accounting Association Southeast Regional Conference.