Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Graduate Certificate
The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Graduate Certificate at Jacksonville University prepares current and prospective teachers for the instruction of English language learners.
This certificate is suitable for those who wish to serve the needs of English language learners (ELLs) in a variety of settings, either overseas or in the US, including English as a Second language (ESL) and English as a Foreign language (EFL), amongst adult learners, and young learners.
Note: This program is a standalone certificate awarded by Jacksonville University School of Education. This program should not be confused with the State Department of Education’s endorsement in ESOL for teaching in Florida public schools.
Why Choose this Certificate?
- Courses are 100% online
- Start anytime, year-round
- Only six courses
- Open to any student with a bachelor's
- No previous training in language is necessary
- Diversifies your resume
- Makes you competitive in the job market
Request More Info Apply now
- Completed Application
- Official Transcript from graduation bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited
- An overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale in graduate level course work.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Professional goals statement (less than 500 words)
The graduate TESOL program requires 18 credit hours, 6 TESOL foundation courses, run by 100% online, and 8 weeks per course. It takes 1 year to complete the entire graduate TESOL certificate program.
- EDU 536: Application of Cross Cultural Communication and Understanding
- EDU 554: Application of Methods in Teaching TESOL
- EDU 555: Design and Application of Curriculum and Materials
- EDU 556: Demonstration of Applied Linguistics in TESOL
- EDU 558: Applications in Testing and Evaluation of TESOL
- EDU 559: Applications in Clinical TESOL Settings
Our tuition rate is competitive with other TESOL programs in the area. For tuition information, please visit the JU tuition page.
Alice Ahyea Jo, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Education; Director of English Language Program; ESOL &TESOL Coordinator
- Telephone number (904) 256-7218
- Email address firstname.lastname@example.org