English Language Program
The English Language Program (ELP) is intended to provide international students the opportunity to advance their English language skills to college-level proficiency in all modes of communication: listening and speaking, writing, reading, vocabulary, and grammar. The mission of the ELP is to provide high-quality English as a second language (ESL) instruction by using current materials in an ideal language-learning environment.
Who are ELP students?
International students who meet admission requirements with the exception of English
and need additional English language training prior to entering as a full-time degree seeking student
- Students who are preparing for an undergraduate degree in the United States of America (USA)
- Students who are preparing for an undergraduate degree at Jacksonville University (JU)
- Students who want a semester abroad experience learning academic English
About the Program
- Course of study is based on individual performances on the placement test: beginner, intermediate, advanced.
- There is an attendance requirement to maintain student visa status.
- Fulltime student status in the ELP requires an attendance rate of 80 percent or higher in all classes to remain in good standing for a student visa.
- A minimum of a "C" (2.0) average and performance on standardized assessment tool for all work taken in ELP to demonstrate proficiency levels.
- All ELP courses are created for ELP students, open classroom seats maybe offered to students outside the English Language Program, only with permission from the Director.
How to Apply
Complete the online application. Submit your application for admisisons online and send your supporting documents.
Attn to: Admissions
2800 University Blvd. N
Jacksonville, FL, USA 32211.
- Submit the non-refundable application fee.
- Send us your transcripts. Include a certified English translation of all documents not written in English.
- Complete the Financial Information for International Applications Form.
- Apply for your visa as soon as you receive the I-20 issued by Jacksonville University.
For information about the program contact email@example.com.
For information about the admission process contact firstname.lastname@example.org.