For the safety of everyone on our campus, Jacksonville University will begin the spring semester with a strict limitation on large events, in accordance with guidance from public health officials. Many of our traditional events will be reimagined in a virtual setting. Tailgating also will not be permitted on campus under current guidelines.
- Gatherings and events are limited to 10 individuals or fewer.
- External guests -- individuals who are not students, faculty, or staff of Jacksonville University -- are not permitted at student events.
- Organizations must offer alternative meeting formats to accommodate anyone who is uncomfortable meeting in person.
- Meetings should be conducted outdoors when possible.
- Students have access to Blackboard Collaborate, Skype for Business, and Microsoft Teams, all of which may be used to host meetings virtually.
- Information about Commencement is not available yet.
- Information regarding changes to pinning ceremonies will be emailed directly to students.
- Porter Fest may move forward with social distancing in place. Organizers are investigating a virtual participation option, as well. More information will be released closer to the event.
- For questions regarding fraternities and sororities, please contact the office of Student Engagement and Leadership at email@example.com.
- Fine Arts performances will re-introduce spectators at a limited capacity and with mitigation strategies in place.
- Athletic competitions will begin and will re-introduce spectators at a limited capacity and with mitigation strategies in place.