Online RN MSN
The RN to MSN program in the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Science, Keigwin School of Nursing at Jacksonville University is a fully online, CCNE accredited program specially designed for working nurses. Graduates from the online RN to MSN program are prepared as nurse leaders, clinical nurse educators, or nurse informatics specialists.
In this innovative program, students will earn both their BSN and MSN at the same time. These degrees are both awarded at the end of the program when all requirements have been completed. There are 9 credits waived from the BSN portion of the degree requiring students to complete a total of either 141 or 144 total credits.
Highlights of the Program
- 30 credits for your U.S. RN license
- Six yearly sessions
- Manageable 8-week courses
- Study part- or full-time
- No mandatory login times
- Practice projects completed locally
- Convenient for U.S. military nurses stationed worldwide
- All active-duty service members, Reservist, Guardsmen, Veteran, spouses and dependents of disabled or deceased Veterans receive a 10% discount on online nursing undergraduate and graduate degree tuition.
Admission into the RN to MSN program is conducted on a rolling basis with six start dates per year. Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for admission:
- Completed Application
- Copy of current unencumbered U.S. RN license
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Must be a graduate from a regional or national Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Diploma nursing program with an overall undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Official GRE scores of 290 or higher
- The requirement of official GRE scores will be waived for all applicants who have a 3.0 or higher undergraduate nursing GPA
- Evidence of completion of undergraduate courses in statistics and physical assessment
- Three letters of recommendation (a minimum of two should professional references)
- References should be from a supervisor familiar with the student’s clinical abilities and, if possible, an educator who taught the student.
- Statement of Intent
- A personal statement describing your reasons for pursuing an advanced degree and detailing your professional goals. Should not exceed 2 pages.
- Students whose first language is not English, must also take the TOEFL Examination and score either 540 on the paper-based exam, or 76 on internet-based exam
BSN Nursing Courses
- NUR 352SI Professional Nursing (3)
- NUR 354WI Evidence-Based Nursing (3)
- NUR 355 Nursing Assessment for the Practicing Nurse (3)
- NUR 452WI Nursing Leadership and Health Care Policy (3)
- NUR 453 Community Focused Professional Nursing (4)
- NUR 454 A Conceptual Approach to Pathophysiology for Nurses (3)
- NUR 455 Advanced Acute Care Concepts (3)
MSN Nursing Courses (18 credits)
- NUR 510 Nursing Theory and Research I (3)
- NUR 512 Organization, Delivery and Policy in Healthcare (3)
- NUR 514 Nursing Leadership and Advanced Roles (3)
- NUR 516 Information Systems and Technology for Improved Health Care (3)
- NUR 520 Nursing Theory and Research II (3)
- *NUR 551 Advanced Role Practicum (3)
RN to MSN students must select one of the three tracks listed below.
Clinical Nurse Educator Specialization (15 credits)
- NUR 508 Advanced Pathophysiology for the Clinical Nurse Educator (3)
- NUR 521 Pharmacology and Physical Assessment for the Clinical Nurse Educator (3)
- NUR 525 Measuring Educational Outcomes in Nursing (3)
- NUR 526 Engaged Learning (3)
- NUR 548 Curriculum Development in Nursing (3)
Leadership in Healthcare Systems Specialization (12 credits)
- NUR 530 Financial Management of Nursing Systems (3)
- NUR 531 Human Resource Management in Healthcare (3)
- NUR 532 Nursing Leadership and the Healthcare System (3)
- NUR 533 Quality and Safety in Healthcare (3)
Informatics Specialization (12 credits)
- NUR 580 Healthcare Informatics as a Profession (3)
- NUR 581 Law, Ethics and Public Issues in Healthcare Informatics (3)
- NUR 582 Leadership in Informatics for Healthcare Organizations and Public Health Strategy (3)
- NUR 583 Data Analytics and Impact on Patient Care (3)
* All courses must be completed prior to NUR 551.
Total Credit Hours
- Total Nursing Credit Hours: 53 – 56
- Core Credit Hours: 60
- Credit Hours for RN License: 30
- Total Credit Hours for RN-MSN Degree: 141-155
Learn More About Bisk
You Uphold the Highest Standards. Shouldn't Your Online Learning Solutions?
At Bisk, we live and breathe online education. For over 40 years we've been guided by a fundamental belief that learning is much more than a casual pursuit. It's a life-changing journey that never ends. We've built our reputation on developing successful online solutions in two key areas: Higher Education, and Executive Education and Training.
Read more at the Bisk website.
Hilary Morgan, PhD, CNM
Director, Graduate Nursing Programs
- Email address email@example.com
Caitlin Bright, BS
Coordinator of Enrollment
- Email address firstname.lastname@example.org