Office of Institutional Research & Assessment
The mission of the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) is to validate and report the official data for Jacksonville University, as well as provide data and support for external reporting agencies and internal offices to inform decision-making processes. The OIRA also supports improvement and assessment processes at JU.
Goals for OIRA
- To assist in identifying JU's institutional information needs.
- To collect and validate data, then analyze, interpret, and report data and information.
- To assist in evaluation and planning.
- To serve as stewards for official JU data.
- To educate internal JU data and information producers, users, and consumers.
Adapted from AIR Duties and Functions of Institutional Research
- Data reporting of official JU data to external and internal audiences.
- Institutional strategic planning and outcomes assessment.
- Program planning, assessment, reporting, and use of results.
- Academic and administrative program review and/or evaluation.
- Using the TracDat online assessment system.
- Development, execution, and analysis of online surveys.
- Research to assess the effectiveness of programs or strategies.
- Production of information or statistics for decision-making or external constituents.
- Demonstrating compliance with accreditation standards.
To submit a request for data or support from OIRA, please use the form:
The following is a description of information provided by this site:
- Assessment – Information about the assessment system used at JU, the online assessment tool (TracDat), assessment outcomes, and program review.
- Research, Data, and Reporting – Information about internal and external research initiatives along with related findings.
- Data Resources – Repository for Fast Facts and Fact Books produced by OIRA.
- About OIRA – OIRA personnel and contact information.