Strategic Social Media Certificate
About the Certificate
With only four three-credit courses, you will develop the communication and critical thinking skills employers are demanding. You will learn how to plan and produce quality communication and content, drive online traffic to digital platforms, engage users, and interpret analytics to produce successful digital campaigns. Jacksonville University's award-winning Department of Communication offers hands on learning through innovative coursework in Strategic Social Media. Opportunities include developing an online portfolio, creating a multimedia website, and earning professional certifications.
Three Required Courses
- COMM 217: Introduction to Multimedia Journalism and Storytelling
- COMM 310: Online Journalism
- COMM 325: Social Media Management
Choose One Elective Course
- COMM 331: Visual Communicaiton
- COMM 332WI: Writing for Multimedia Journalism and Storytelling
- COMM 395: Communication Practicum
- COMM 401: Communicating to Diverse Publics
- COMM 452: Special Topics in Communication
Virtual Information Sessions
Join us for a virtual informaiton session to hear from faculty about the benefits of this certificate, the required courses, and some of the projects previous students have worked on. Click on your preferred time to register and receive the link to join.