Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
You could go on to grad school.
This program is a natural fit to transition into programs like:
Or you could start your career.
Enter into different fields like:
- Sport psychology
- Exercise Physiology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Occupational Therapy
Students pursuing this degree will take specific Health Sciences classes combined with their courses from their minor area of study to prepare them for their educational and career goals. Students will take the following Health Sciences courses:
- HLSC 202 - Medical Terminology and Healthcare Essentials
- HLSC 211 - Introduction to Health Professions and Trends in Healthcare
- HLSC 301 - Epidemiology in Health Science
- HLSC 310 - Healthcare Ethics and Policy
- HLSC 320 - Introduction to Health Informatics
- HLSC 330 - Principles of Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- HLSC 401 - Reading, Writing, and Presenting Research in Health Sciences
- HLSC 410 - The Healthcare System
- HLSC 412 - Public Health
- HLSC 420 - Healthcare Quality and Safety
- Math 205 - Elementary Statistics
JU is working closely with SACSCOC, our accrediting body, to complete the standard accreditation process for this program. We anticipate approval in 2021.