Combining Business with AthleticsOnline Master of Science in Sport Management
Why choose our program?
We’ve designed our degree to meet market demands and your schedule. After meeting with industry professionals, we’re confident that our degree will help you develop a skill set valuable to the growing variety of sport and non-sport organizations. Our degree:
- is completely online
- can be finished in one year (12 months)
- requires 12 business and quantitative-based courses
- prepares you for your leadership role in the organization
- provides you with a real-world capstone course
- has relationships across a variety of levels in the sports industry including the NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, the PGA Tour, NCAA, and other sports organizations.
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
6:00 - 7:00 p.m. EST
Careers & Outcomes
Career possibilities include:
- positions across professional, collegiate, scholastic and community organizations
- marketing and sponsorship positions with sports organizations or corporations
- analytics jobs requiring accounting, financial and statistical skills
- facilities and event management
- athletic directors
- media and public relations specialists
"Most importantly, despite being online, the program helped establish connections that allowed me to grow in both business and sports knowledge."
AdmissionsHow to Apply
Admission into the Sport Management program within the School of Applied Health Sciences (SAHS) is selective and limited to those students who have demonstrated potential for successfully completing the program. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered for admission;
- Complete online application.
- Baccalaureate degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official transcripts from the Baccalaureate degree granting college or university;
unofficial transcripts from all other colleges and/or universities attended.
- Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) with a 3.0, or higher, on a 4.0 scale will be fully admitted.
- Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) with less than
3.0 on a 4.0 scale will be considered for conditional admission.
- The GRE may be required*
- Official transcripts from the Baccalaureate degree granting college or university; unofficial transcripts from all other colleges and/or universities attended.
- Professional Resume.
- Personal statement, 1-2 pages in length.
- TOEFL if the applicant’s primary language is not English. Full details available in the university catalog.
- Letters of recommendation may be requested.