Online MS, Sport Management
We’ve designed our degree to meet market demands and your schedule.
After meeting with industry professionals, we’re confident that our degree will help you develop a skill set valuable to the growing variety of sport and non-sport organizations. Our degree:
- is completely online
- can be finished in 12 months
- organizes courses over 8 week terms
- requires 12 business and quantitative-based courses
- prepares you for your leadership role in the organization
- provides you with a real-world capstone course
Career & Outcomes
A growing variety of sport and non-sport properties are seeking individuals who can grow business revenues through affiliation with sports. Traditional sport properties include professional and minor-league teams and organizations, college athletic departments, and an increasing number of grass-roots events (running & triathlon events) and municipal sport authorities. Non-sport properties include corporate sponsors who seek to influence consumer behavior through association with sport properties. Having a greater understanding of business and sport business principles will put graduates of this program in high demand as this industry continues to grow and evolve for the foreseeable future. Career possibilities include:
- positions across professional, collegiate, scholastic and community organizations
- marketing and sponsorship positions with sports organizations or corporations
- analytics jobs requiring accounting, financial and statistical skills
- facilities and event management
- athletic directors
- media and public relations specialists
Contact Dr. Carol Dole or Ms. Pamela Adrian for more information, or download a flyer with more details.
In total, the curriculum requires 36 credit hours.
Core Requirements (15 credits)
- SPT 500 Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- SPT 501 Quantitative Methods for Managers (3 credits)
- SPT 502 Essentials of Finance and Economics (3 credits)
- SPT 503 Marketing Analysis (3 credits)
- SPT 504 Leadership and Ethics (3 credits)
Sport Management Requirements (21 credits)
- SPT 510 Sport Revenue Strategy (3 credits)
- SPT 520 Sport Law & Ethics (3 credits)
- SPT 530 Sport Economic & Financial Analysis (3 credits)
- SPT 540 Sport Sponsorship (3 credits)
- SPT 550 Sport Analytics (3 credits)
- SPT 560 Sport Event & Facility Management (3 credits)
- SPT 570 Sport Management Capstone (3 credits)
Priority Application Deadlines
Priority deadlines end eight (8) weeks before the start of each semester (fall, spring and summer start dates). We do accept applications on a rolling basis for all three semesters after the priority deadline.
If you decide to apply, please have official transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions at Jacksonville University. JU requires applicants to send transcripts from every college/university attended, even if the course resulted in a drop, withdrawal, failure or if the course was transferred to another school. For information on how to send your transcripts to JU, please visit the Registrar's JU transcript instructions site.