Master of Education inMarine Science and Instructional Design
Why Choose Our Program?
Are you a current teacher in the Duval or Nassau County area thinking about teaching dual enrollment courses? Jacksonville University is now offering a fully online interdisciplinary program, Master of Education in Marine Science and Instructional Design, which prepares current teachers with the skills and knowledge they need to teach dual enrollment or college acceleration science courses in the Jacksonville dual enrollment service area. Expand your knowledge in a variety of subjects including learner analysis, oceanography, estuary and coastal ecology, leadership skills, e-learning programs and subjects, climate science, organizational research studies, and more.
Graduates of the M.Ed. in Marine Science and Instructional Design's program will be qualified to teach Physical Science in the Jacksonville dual enrollment service area. Upon graduation, transcripts will list the 'Physical Marine Sciences' specialization.
Through the JU Marine Science Research Institute, students of the M.Ed. in Marine Science and Instructional Design program will have access to state-of-the-art vessels, aquaculture facilities, laboratories and research facilities; as well as experiential learning opportunities with OCEARCH, The St. Johns Riverkeeper, and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conversation Commission (FWC).
Start your application
More About The Curriculum
All students of the M.Ed. in Marine Science and Instructional Design are required to complete the following coursework:
- EDL 543 - Introduction to Educational Research
- EDL 558 - Seminar: Contemporary Issues in Leadership
- EDL 563 - Instructional Design 1
- EDL 564 - Instructional Design 2
- EDL 565 - Instructional Design 3
- EDL 566 - E-Learning Leadership
- MSC 502 - Chemical Oceanography
- MSC 503 - Geologic & Littoral Processes
- MSC 504 - Advanced Physical Oceanography
- MSC 520 - Estuarine & Coastal Ecology*
*Or other approved physical MSC course.
- MSC 601 - Climate Science
- MSC 630 - Ocean & Coastal Observation Systems
The M.Ed. in Marine Science and Instructional Design is designed to be flexible for students already in the workforce by offering a fully online learning format. This program can be completed in two years.