About the Leadership & Learning Program
With leadership best and next practices, adult and general learning principles, and the collective leadership framework as our guides…
The mission of the Leadership and Learning program is to cultivate mindsets that prepare graduates to lead effectively and humanely in learning organizations.
- Learning environments will be engaging, challenging, and project and problem-based
- Students will acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills
- Graduates will be reflective practitioners
Points of Pride
We are proud of our Leadership and Learning alumni and students!
- 100% of students who completed the Educational Leadership program passed the FELE.
- 100% of Educational Leadership students who applied were accepted into the Florida Turnaround Leadership Academy.
- 100% of LL grads who applied to the Coaches Academy with Duval County Public Schools were accepted.
- Math Engagement Linked to Grasp of Concepts Hooser article.pdf - published article written by ILOD student
- Creating Digital Partnerships with Parents.pdf- published article written by ILOD student
- Kindness Above Everything (KAE) Press Release - A clothing line with a social conscience founded by ILOD grad.
- GirlTalkJAX - Two ILOD students start social networking group for local women for class assignment.
- ILOD student, Sharon Collins, writes grant as part of class assignment that funds trip for student veterans at JU.
- ILOD grad, Easter Brown, invited by principal to present Infield class project on Kindergarten Readiness to parents of incoming kindergarten students. (Clay County Public Schools)
- ILOD grad, Almarene Lowndes, invited to present a workshop for the Academy of Science based upon her Capstone research project. The workshop centered on the Common Core State Standards and interdisciplinary teaching. The Academy of Science is the series of professional development workshops for science teachers in Duval County Public Schools.