Master of Fine Arts in Visual Arts
Graduate Visual Arts ProgramWhy choose our program?
At Jacksonville University, our MFA in Visual Arts program will challenge you, immerse you in new knowledge and skills, expand on what you already know, and help fine-tune your creative energies into artistic skills. With highly qualified faculty and ample studio space, Jacksonville University’s MFA in Visual Arts could be the perfect fit for you and your artistic needs.
start your application
Fine-Tune Your Creative Energies
JU's Master of Fine Arts in Visual Arts helps you fine-tune your artistic abilities and supports you on your creative journey.
- Includes an intensive 4-week summer residency from July 5-July 31, with an MFA In The Works exhibition on July 28
- Offers a 2-year or 3-rotation
- Consists of only 10 students in the cohort model
- Is one of only a few programs in the southeast and is cost-competitive
- Has a military resource center for students using VA benefits; Often students are eligible for tuition reimbursement to help cover program costs through their workplace
About Our Program
Jacksonville University’s MFA allows you to practice any medium of your choice or a path of interdisciplinary studies, including but not limited to:
- Graphic Design
JU offers students two residency options.
- Low-Residency: Completely online, with a four week in-person residency during the
summer in JU's state-of-the-art facilities
- This is a great option for teachers, whose schedules allow them to be available for residency in the summer
- No-Residency: Completely online, with a virtual option during the residency
- This allows you to keep working in your career, with no interruptions
The MFA in Visual Arts can prepare you for a wide variety of careers. Many of our students go on to teach for colleges and universities. Some of our recent graduates have also gone on to work as museum curators, practicing artists, nonprofit arts programmers, and educators at the K-12 level.
Nominati efficiantur te eum, cu aliquip legimus facilisi eam. Pertinax vulputate philosophia ut quo, sit sapientem aliquando mnesarchum an.
AdmissionsHow to Apply
In order to make the summer residency start date, you must apply by June.
Applicants must submit:
- Online Application
- Official or Unofficial Transcripts of Academic Work
- Artist Statement
- DVD or Web Link of Selected Works/Portfolio