Fine-tune your creative energiesMaster of Fine Arts in Visual Arts
Graduate Visual Arts ProgramWhy choose our program?
At Jacksonville University, our MFA in Visual Arts is a cohort-based program that will challenge you, immerse you in new knowledge and skills, expand on what you already know, and help fine-tune your creative energies into artistic skills. With highly qualified faculty and ample studio space, Jacksonville University’s MFA in Visual Arts could be the perfect fit for you and your artistic needs.
- Online program with an intensive 4-week summer residency
- Cohort model consists of only 10 students
- Often eligible for tuition reimbursement to help cover the costs of the program through your workplace and we have a military resource center if you will be using VA benefits.
- We are one of only a couple of programs in the southeast and are cost-competitive.
Jacksonville University’s MFA allows you to practice any medium of your choice or a path of interdisciplinary studies, including but not limited to:
- Graphic Design
Virtual Information Session
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet the program director and advisor to ask questions about our curriculum and admissions process.
Tuesday, December 10, 2019
6:00 - 7:00 p.m. EST
The MFA in Visual Arts can prepare you for a wide variety of careers. Many of our students go on to teach for colleges and universities. Some of our recent graduates have also gone on to work as museum curators, practicing artists, nonprofit arts programmers, and educators at the K-12 level.
AdmissionsHow to Apply
Priority consideration is given to applications submitted by February 1. But in order to make the summer residency start date, you must apply by June.
Applicants must submit:
- Online Application
- Official Transcripts of Academic Work
- Artist Statement
- Two References
- DVD or Web Link of Selected Works/Portfolio
- $50 Application Processing Fee