Reminders on Returning to Campus Email to Faculty and Staff on August 13, 2020
Dear colleagues --
Welcome to the 2020-2021 Fall semester!
As the Jacksonville University community also welcomes students back to campus, we wanted to provide some updates and reminders about daily operations:
- Post Office procedures – Each business area should designate one individual to serve as Post Office contact and provide that person’s contact information by email to Post Office Supervisor Bernice Reavis at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (904) 256-7505. The Post Office will call or email the contact when they have a delivery to confirm that someone in the business area will be available to receive it.
- Travel – Most business travel is still suspended. In extraordinary circumstances, employees who must travel on essential University business must secure prior approval from the Senior Vice President responsible for their operational area.
- Return to work – By now, you should have confirmed with your direct supervisor expectations for whether and when you will be working from campus. Upon your return to campus, please remember that all individuals in shared office space must wear a cloth face covering when more than one staff member is present and 6 feet of physical distance cannot be maintained between workstations. Face coverings are also required inside all campus buildings and in all cases when 6 feet of physical distance cannot be maintained between individuals. We recommend work surfaces be disinfected upon arrival and prior to leaving for the day and that you frequently wash your hands or use hand sanitizer. Administrators will receive sanitation supplies this week, which will be available upon request.
- Personal responsibility – Please remember to monitor your health daily by conducting a self-health check. If you feel sick, please stay home and call your healthcare provider. If you test positive for COVID-19, please email the Human Resources Department at email@example.com to inform them.
- Student-First focus on dining – To ensure we are focusing on the student experience, we are requesting all faculty, staff, and contractors avoid the peak lunchtime dining hours of 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at the Riverview Dining Hall from Monday, Aug. 17, through Friday, Aug. 28. Once students are settled into their dining routine and our Aramark Dining Services team is able to adjust to this new flow, we can lift this request.
Please direct any questions or concerns about returning to work to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we all play our parts, we can make this semester one of the most successful ever!