Fall 2020 at Jacksonville UniversityDetermined to Stay
Jacksonville University is excited to welcome students back to campus for the Fall 2020 semester. In order to keep our community safe and healthy, every member of our campus community must do their part. Living, learning, and working together this fall will require more respect and responsibility from each of us.
This webpage is designed to help you understand your role in maintaining a healthy campus. This information is fluid and subject to change as we learn new information about COVID-19 and adjust to updated guidance. We will update this site and add new announcements as decisions are made.
How to Wear a Mask
There is no spoken audio in this video.
How to Stay on Campus
What You Need to Do
- Wear a face covering in all indoor spaces, except your own residential rooms.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Stay 6 feet away from anyone you do not share a living space with.
- Check your health daily and stay home if you’re sick.
- Meet virtually as much as possible. No large gatherings, and no parties.
- Avoid crowded places or places where social distancing is not being observed. If you leave campus, wear a mask while you are out, and maintain 6 feet of space away from anyone you don't live with.
- Disinfect your personal space regularly.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19, or if you have chosen to get tested somewhere off campus, let us know.
What We're Doing
- Fall semester started Aug. 17 and ends Nov. 24 for traditional undergraduate students.
- Graduate and professional studies students have updated academic calendars, as well.
- Face coverings are required in all indoor spaces and any time 6 feet of distance cannot be maintained.
- Facilities team is cleaning & disinfecting more frequently.
- Campus Safety and Security are conducting temperature checks and asking health screening questions before allowing visitors on campus.
- Many faculty and staff are on campus in staggered or adjusted schedules to minimize traffic on campus.
If You Feel Sick
- Stay home.
- Call your health provider.
- Students: Call the Student Health Center.
- Faculty and Staff: Call your healthcare provider.
- Report positive test results:
All students, faculty, and staff should perform daily self-checks and watch for COVID symptoms.
Browse the Plan by Subject
- Health & Wellness
- Academics & Classrooms
- Housing & Dining
- Campus Life & Activities
- Campus Events
- Student Financial Assistance
- Visitors & Guests
- Vendors & Contractors
- Frequently Asked Questions
Updates & Changes
The information on this site was last updated on Tuesday, September 29.