The M.S. Program in Leadership and Learning consists of a minimum of 34 credit hours of graduate work. This work must meet the following requirements:
- Transfer credit is not permitted towards the Leadership and Learning degree.
- A cumulative academic average of “B” must be maintained in all coursework. Grades
below “C” are not credited towards the completion of the degree.
- A graduate student will be placed on Academic Probation at the conclusion of any semester in which the student’s cumulative GPA is less than a 3.0 (B). The student has the following one semester (or two courses) to raise the cumulative GPA to a 3.0. A graduate student will be dismissed from the program if the student does not raise the cumulative GPA to a 3.0 within one semester (or two courses) of being placed on Academic Probation.
- A graduate student placed on Academic Probation more than one time during the program will be dismissed from the program.
- A graduate student earning one grade of “F” in any graduate course will be dismissed from the program.
- The program must be completed within three years. If a student cannot finish with his/her cohort, he/she must seek and receive permission from the program director to follow an altered program of study in order to graduate.
- EL Concentration only: Students must successfully pass all sections of the Florida Educational Leadership Examination (FELE) within two (2) years of the start of the program to be awarded the M.S. degree. Students must show proof of completion of 60 hours of ESOL district in-service points or completion of three (3) credit hours in a survey ESOL course to demonstrate mastery of the four ESOL standards required of school administrators to be awarded the M.S. degree.
- Each concentration requires completion of a portfolio.
- Each concentration requires completion of a capstone experience.